Himalayan 411 - Cat’less header and Lextec end can and a bit of a ride to see how they and the bike goes

Wapping

Reaction score
I’ve now fitted these, which is pretty much straightforward.

Plus points:

A very good weight saving over the factory items. At only 25 bhp, every little helps.

A decent enough noise, so the bike sounds a bit less like a muffled cement mixer. I am leaving the baffle in as, with it removed, it’s just additional noise, which nobody needs.

With the free flow filter and decent plug, the bike now picks up pretty well. It has no more power than it had before (and I’m not about to go for big bore kits or a fancy cam) but what it has got by way of 25 bhp is now pretty smooth in the delivery department.

I took it for a spin in pretty heavy London traffic, eastwards to the M25 and back on a mixture of A and back street roads. A joy to ride. Quick enough off the lights to stay out of trouble. Decent enough mid-range, with easy cruising at about 4,000 rpm in fifth for an indicated 65 mph. Yes, you have to work the gearbox a bit in traffic but that’s a part of its charm. Lastly, you are sat high enough up to see over or around most cars, which helps. The riding position also makes ‘life saver’ shoulder checks comfortabke

All in all, a cheap(ish) package to tweak what is already a pretty good bike a bit, without it being anti-social.

Plus points:

A very good weight saving over the factory items. At only 25 bhp, every little helps.

A decent enough noise, so the bike sounds a bit less like a muffled cement mixer. I am leaving the baffle in as, with it removed, it’s just additional noise, which nobody needs.

With the free flow filter and decent plug, the bike now picks up pretty well. It has no more power than it had before (and I’m not about to go for big bore kits or a fancy cam) but what it has got by way of 25 bhp is now pretty smooth in the delivery department.

I took it for a spin in pretty heavy London traffic, eastwards to the M25 and back on a mixture of A and back street roads. A joy to ride. Quick enough off the lights to stay out of trouble. Decent enough mid-range, with easy cruising at about 4,000 rpm in fifth for an indicated 65 mph. Yes, you have to work the gearbox a bit in traffic but that’s a part of its charm. Lastly, you are sat high enough up to see over or around most cars, which helps. The riding position also makes ‘life saver’ shoulder checks comfortabke

All in all, a cheap(ish) package to tweak what is already a pretty good bike a bit, without it being anti-social.
Sounds good Wapping, it's great to get a little return on not a lot of outlay.....letting the bike breathe in and out properly without restrictions is satisfying , and you can feel the bike loves it when out and about 👌

Richard just keep an eye on the sparkplug colour. Freer breathing in and out may cause a weak / lean mixture. Not an Enfield but on my KTM 390 Indian BS6 spec the perceived wisdom was, a DNA or free flow filter on it own was ok , so was a decat or free flow exhaust. But combined together and the suggestion was fit a fuelling optimizer like a Powertronics Fuel X lite. I had one on a bog std 390. It autotunes to any mods and really cleaned up the surging below 4500 rpm.

Plus points:

I appreciate the honest review. Certainly on my list as the bike is now out of warranty - as you note - mainly for the modest weight saving.

If you want to go for it you’ll find a similar weight saving option is available on the 650 because not only are the headers double skinned but they also contain cats.

If you want to go for it you’ll find a similar weight saving option is available on the 650 because not only are the headers double skinned but they also contain cats.
Spot on Andy , a lad I know switched out his Interceptor pipes for some from Hitchcocks, Im sure he said it was a 11 kg saving !

Mine already has that done :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom