Brand new 1250 GS , Road chatter, roughness through the right peg?

AMc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , New here & seeking some advice. My bike went in today for its 600 mile service & i mentioned the rough feeling through the right peg especially when turning right, its not a vibration just rough . Feels lovely turning left but right just isn’t .
I got a variation of “ They all do that sir” when i picked it up . I’m not convinced , something i should be looking out for? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth a check on the tyres in case of damage or a bulge maybe . has been know for bad batches . Pity your not closer as I have a spare set of wheels you could try.
And for the dealer to say they all do that is bollox , needs investigating.

Tyres

I had the same issue and I mentioned it to the dealer at the first service. He said it was more than likely the tires and tbh as they wear the vibes are less. It was more noticeable on certain road surfaces.
Bf

Getting this on my new to me gs, new tourance next tyres fitted. Only does it where the tarmac isn’t smooth.Checking the pressures helped.

mine is also a brand new r1250gs ,its got sixty miles on it now.no vibes on mine,tyres are bridgestone on mine

when mine is on tar which doesnt have a perfect surface it can sometimes feel / appear a bit noisy / vibey over very light undulations - put it down to the tyres.

Barry

when mine is on tar which doesnt have a perfect surface it can sometimes feel / appear a bit noisy / vibey over very light undulations - put it down to the tyres.

Barry

Both pegs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GSA Rallye has 100 miles on it. When riding slowly in 2nd or third I feel a roughness through pegs. As the revs rise it dissapears. I think its the engine and transmission not being happy at those conditions, I remember my 2004 GSA did the same thing. I have lowered pegs fitted but have now ordered the rubbers to fit in the pegs - wont be so low then !

Got a 2021 GSA and mine is the same, roughness through the pegs on certain road surfaces or going over like a cats eve or something, almost like there is a bush missing clunk clunk clung grumble

This reminds me of the princess on the pea story...roughness through the pegs...Get some of these BMW Gilles Tooling footpegs with spring-loaded rubber inserts and the "problem" should be solved ;)

This reminds me of the princess on the pea story...roughness through the pegs...Get some of these BMW Gilles Tooling footpegs with spring-loaded rubber inserts and the "problem" should be solved ;)

Careful USA is calling in black pegs made by Gilles I think as they are cracking metal.

I heard there was a bad batch...Mine have not cracked yet...;) But I run the silver HP ones now as they sit 1/2 inch higher .Did not know about the recall though...Thanks ! More free stuff...:D

Back
Top Bottom