Buying a new 1250 TE

Steer clear of ceramic coating mugs game tbh. Better off giving it a wax yourself. It won't make it any easier to clean frankly.

Mine gets rode well in wicklow and a wash down brings it right back, ceramic is pissing in the wind.
As for sat nav I probably would advise anyone not to buy any bmw oem nav or garmin and have a good look at the chigee AIO-5 Lite has front and rear camera included. Mines arriving tomorrow.

I ordered another GSA (Trophy with black wheels), it’ll be my 4th new GSA in a row! I don’t think that I’ve ever bought four things the same, consecutively in my life - apart from beers. Well, after a lifetime on nothing but sports bikes I now definitely seem to have caught the GS bug!

Definitely interested in the 1300 GSA when it comes out at the end of the year, but I’ll happily live with my new GSA for a couple of years whilst the 1300 gets any teething issues sorted.

New bike day is next week 🙂

I ordered another GSA (Trophy with black wheels), it’ll be my 4th new GSA in a row! I don’t think that I’ve ever bought four things the same, consecutively in my life - apart from beers. Well, after a lifetime on nothing but sports bikes I now definitely seem to have caught the GS bug!

Definitely interested in the 1300 GSA when it comes out at the end of the year, but I’ll happily live with my new GSA for a couple of years whilst the 1300 gets any teething issues sorted.

I was in too minds about things given the new one on the horizon but went for it fir the same reasons. Don’t want to be a beta tester for bmw !

That’s what I did in Sept last year. Same model. Loving it.

As per Listermint, I’d recommend Chigee, just got mine yesterday. Looks a quality bit of kit. I’ll see better when I’ve installed it.

New bike day is next week

I am assuming that the new GSA will have the same headlight as the gs13 if it has I will be keeping my 23 plate gsa or moving on which I really don’t want to do cos i really like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I jumped early from my GS ( 2 1/2 years old) to the GSA in December based on the looks of the new 1300. I appreciate the new bike is getting great reviews and is obviously a good bike but im also not convinced by the looks.

1250 GSA for me too over the new GS13. Wobbled my way over to Hilltop this week through the fog 'n slimy roads and was so pleased with the protection & presence the GSA 1250 has over my 70 plate GS, let alone the fully skimmed new GS13..

Let's see what the upcoming GSA is like, but it'll have to be pretty different to the standard bike to interest me.. That motor however does have potential for loads more power given the drive train..

Hi
Is that a Ilmberger hugger ?

Yes , very sturdy and good quality expensive new now are about £340 but worth every penny from performance parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: HGS
I agree that the fuelling on this latest 1250 and on my 2020 GS is/was pretty good. I've had 3 bikes done previously one of which was a 1200GSA & the other 2 KTM 1290 SDR. Each time the difference was stark.

On the GSA the ultimate power is not necessarily increased, but the low down response & pull is so much stronger & smoother. We all know these things run lean too & I want to keep this bike for some time and hopefully lots of miles, so my theory was the sooner it's done the more I get from it. I've only the Akra can & the note is deeper with more drama on the QS/Blipper burbling & popping.

That’s what I did in Sept last year. Same model. Loving it.

As per Listermint, I’d recommend Chigee, just got mine yesterday. Looks a quality bit of kit. I’ll see better when I’ve installed it.
Had a quick look this morning at that . Can you upload os maps to it ? Could not see any info on the but only had a quick look.

What’s the price delivered to the uk ?

I’ve not found the 1250 wanting in the engine department. But this is coming from someone who also rides a 23.5 bhp Himalayan ( yes the .5 is important) 😂

Had a quick look this morning at that . Can you upload os maps to it ? Could not see any info on the but only had a quick look.

What’s the price delivered to the uk ?
It uses the maps on your phone through CarPlay. I paid about £400 total, including the Nav prep mount, and the dongle for the whizz wheel. But that was for the indigogo start up. Think it's a bit more than that now. It's definitely cheaper than the Connected Ride Nav and gives more. In a couple of months they are to release and OBD unit that reads bike data that connects through it.

I'll use it with MyRoute App or Scenic, I believe both can use Open Source Maps and more if you want, I know MRA can also use Sat maps, not used Scenic enough yet to know what that does. The main thing for me is it'll do away with the hit and miss connectivity issues that Sena,TFT and Nav VI gives randomly. It's been working ok, but goes off if any of these get an update. This Chigee won't.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of cost is that?
Save your money he's a con man.

Or get your bike dynoed before you go and dyno it when you get back (from and independent) and see there is no difference

Back
Top Bottom