Can the voice be changed in the BMW Connected app? Asking for a mate.

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Never thought about traffic info but I was looking for him and can't seem to find anything on line. He used to get flustered setting his nav up pre journey and if it detoured en route. With this he just sets it up on his phone, adds waypoints and usually just follows without question. He has it set on the std TFT screen so he just gets the turn by turn as required and doesn't even bother with the voice prompts as he thinks the posh chap sounds like a tw*t lol.

Now there is another question. Can the app voices be changed I wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am, he's a bit of a blogging luddite :type but thought this would also be interesting and helpful for the rest of our community who hadn't considered the app or didn't know how it worked.

On iOS the app voice is the one set in "Settings - Accessibility - Spoken Content" . I have the lovely Serena on mine. Don't know about Android.

I'm not sure this will effect the voice programmed into the connected app. I'll try it anyway but thinking I'm already on one of the ladies.

There is no voice programmed into the app - it uses the one in settings as I say above. When I first used the app I had the "posh bloke" voice and eventually discovered how to change it.

I have stated you a fresh thread as you are managing to hijack your own.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom