Carpe Iter BMW Kit

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just fitted the BMW kit to my 2019 R1250 GSA Rallye and its very very simple to fit. The price came in after taxes and import fees at just short of £250.

I had already removed my nav prep kit etc as I only every use my phone/tablet to navigate when I'm out and about. (Yes I hate standalone Sat Navs with a passion)

The BMW kit uses a box that is hidden away down where its plugged in using the nav prep socket and then you run a cable which follows the brake line up to the throttle area and a device with buttons then clamps around next to your throttle (there is a big bit of space there). It takes literally 2 minutes and only uses two screws.

The longest part is the cable management but as I said its one cable so a few cable ties and sorted. This took longer than plugging it in and connecting my phone and tablet to it using the app. (no login or need to register just open app and begin and then you won't need the app again) I suppose the most important bit it ensuring you allow the permissions the app ask's for when you open the app (like location and always on) other than that you need zero technical or mechanical knowledge (you just need a pos screw driver and a bunch of cable ties depending how anal you are).

I am using it with both a Samsung Galaxy S23+ phone and a Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite tablet and have had zero issues so far however I haven't used it in real anger yet but I did use with both google maps and Osmand and all reacted as it should and was very responsive (the tablet is cheap so I was expecting some lag but all good).

I do not need to touch my phone/tablet to open apps etc or scroll around the map or listen to music. basically you use the scroll wheel on the left to zoom in/out and select with and the buttons on the right to move around the screen to highlight the app etc you wish to open, whilst never needing to take your hands off the bars.

Its very good and very well built and has clearly been designed to fit a BMW

I have just fitted the BMW kit to my 2019 R1250 GSA Rallye and its very very simple to fit. The price came in after taxes and import fees at just short of £250.

I had already removed my nav prep kit etc as I only every use my phone/tablet to navigate when I'm out and about. (Yes I hate standalone Sat Navs with a passion)

The BMW kit uses a box that is hidden away down where its plugged in using the nav prep socket and then you run a cable which follows the brake line up to the throttle area and a device with buttons then clamps around next to your throttle (there is a big bit of space there). It takes literally 2 minutes and only uses two screws.

The longest part is the cable management but as I said its one cable so a few cable ties and sorted. This took longer than plugging it in and connecting my phone and tablet to it using the app. (no login or need to register just open app and begin and then you won't need the app again) I suppose the most important bit it ensuring you allow the permissions the app ask's for when you open the app (like location and always on) other than that you need zero technical or mechanical knowledge (you just need a pos screw driver and a bunch of cable ties depending how anal you are).

I am using it with both a Samsung Galaxy S23+ phone and a Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite tablet and have had zero issues so far however I haven't used it in real anger yet but I did use with both google maps and Osmand and all reacted as it should and was very responsive (the tablet is cheap so I was expecting some lag but all good).

I do not need to touch my phone/tablet to open apps etc or scroll around the map or listen to music. basically you use the scroll wheel on the left to zoom in/out and select with and the buttons on the right to move around the screen to highlight the app etc you wish to open, whilst never needing to take your hands off the bars.

Its very good and very well built and has clearly been designed to fit a BMW
Got mine recently and could not be happier with the ease of set up - I've hidden mine in the right hand side fairing next to the radiator expansion bottle. Functionality is great and now that it works with MRA I'm a happy bunny

Just to add after going for a ride today (its been lovely weather down south). I am use to not having to look at controls but because the Carpe Iter button device is in between, I had to look down to use my grip heater button.

Just something to be aware of.

I fitted the CI BMW Control Hub and Controller Buttons to my R1250GS in December. Installation was easy, and everything fitted well, just as if it was BMW original equipment.
When the kit works, it works very well indeed, integrating with the bike's wonder wheel and operating Google Maps, my music and other functions on my Samsung S22 smoothly.
However, I have to restart the CI Controller app every time I switch on the bike, and switch off and switch back on the apps accessibility in the phone. The app has all permissions on the phone and battery saving is switched off. I have had a ticket open with Carpe Iter since I first installed the kit. Despite them using the same phone model as me (Samsung S22 with Android 14), they haven't been able to sort my problem, and they seem to have washed their hands of me.
Can anyone suggest what might be wrong with my set up?

Nice - get some picccys up

The only weak link i can see in your setup is the tablet, std tablets have very little water ingress resistance

The Tab active range offer i believe ip68 water resistance

The tab active 2 is quite cheap atm

Back
Top Bottom