Caspian sea / Black sea area

Richie B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , I am starting to put an idea together for a trip out to the East of the Caspian sea taking the Stans and crossing the Black sea . Anyone out there have any hands on knowledge of that area ?
cheers in advance Richie

Hi , I am starting to put an idea together for a trip out to the East of the Caspian sea taking the Stans and crossing the Black sea . Anyone out there have any hands on knowledge of that area ?
cheers in advance Richie

I'm heading out that way at the end of May. I've decided to not to cross the Caspian as I've got to be in Bishkek for the 24th and as far as I'm aware the ferries will only run when they've got enough people which could mean days waiting. I'm looking at road border between Astrakhan and Atyrau and then continuing via Beneu to Kungrad and on via Nukus etc. I'll be going Dushanbe to Osh via the Pamir HIghway. What time of year are you heading out?

I'm heading out that way at the end of May. I've decided to not to cross the Caspian as I've got to be in Bishkek for the 24th and as far as I'm aware the ferries will only run when they've got enough people which could mean days waiting. I'm looking at road border between Astrakhan and Atyrau and then continuing via Beneu to Kungrad and on via Nukus etc. I'll be going Dushanbe to Osh via the Pamir HIghway. What time of year are you heading out?

Not got that far with it TBH , thats the sort of info I'm still sourcing . its defo still in the very early stages , defo want to experience the Caspian ferry , and black sea ferry . Not sure about going into Mongolia , prob not. Still undecided which bike to take 1200 or 650 . So as I say just gathering info and experiences at the mo. will be interested in hearing your saga when you return . :thumb2

I'll be on a 650. It's still early stages for me also, maybe we could exchange information if there's anything worth knowing about :thumb2

Hi

We are working on an Asian trip, planning stages still.

Essentially

UK ----> Lithuania ----> Latvia ----> Russia ----> Mongolia ----> China ----> Krygerstan ----> Kazahstan ----> Russia ----> Ukraine ----> Poland ----> Germany ----> UK

vette

Hi

We are working on an Asian trip, planning stages still.

Essentially

UK ----> Lithuania ----> Latvia ----> Russia ----> Mongolia ----> China ----> Krygerstan ----> Kazahstan ----> Russia ----> Ukraine ----> Poland ----> Germany ----> UK

vette

Can you get into China ?? I was told only with a paid guide !! loads of money :blast

please tell me different ........:rob

Going through China from 25th June for 35 days approx $1350US, 5 bikes plus 2 cars.this a good price as guide and minder trave l in one of the cars. If bikes only, then group hires a car for guide and minder for duration of trip!
Everyone doing own thing to Chinese border and after leaving China.

See Horizons Unlimited, Travellers seeking Travellers make up a group to keep costs down, that's what I've done.

In the throes of visas for the "Stans" bloody minefield, time and date sensitive, Caspian Sea ferry that operates with no time table blah blah!

Good luck

Going through China from 25th June for 35 days approx $1350US, 5 bikes plus 2 cars.this a good price as guide and minder trave l in one of the cars. If bikes only, then group hires a car for guide and minder for duration of trip!

See Horizons Unlimited, Travellers seeking Travellers make up a group to keep costs down, that's what I've done.

In the throes of visas for the "Stans" bloody minefield, time and date sensitive, Caspian Sea ferry that operates with no time table blah blah!

Good luck
Are you DaringJaju88 ?

vette

Can you get into China ?? I was told only with a paid guide !! loads of money :blast

please tell me different ........:rob
Hi Richie,

There is a lot of hype about driving in China.
Generally it is expensive, as one "needs" to follow the tour guide rules and regulations, and have a registered tour guide at all times.

I am in a slightly different boat, I am married to a Chinese girl, and have residence here, and have Chinese licence and small city car.
Here in China, I can drive wherever I like, without any guide, as you guys can in UK and Europe for example.

Fay has just passed her "Chinese Tour Guide" exams, in English, so this gives her the opportunity to tour foreigners around China.

Our mission at the moment is finding an importer that will temporary import our Land Cruiser into China.

We think we have found a company in China that will do this for us.
But we don't know if it's a viable propersition yet for the likes of persons who don't have residence here, or have Chinese licenses (or temporary Chinese licenses)

We keep getting told by the Chinese tour company's, that Fay can't lead a tour through China, however the Chinese Tourist Board, (Who issue the tour guide licenses) have confirmed that she can lead a foreigner group.

So in my eyes, the established tour guide company's are holding a "closed shop" to with hold any procedures, and information, and try to prevent the likes of Fay, to running a tour group.

vette

Good luck
Hi Tyddewi,

Thanks for the posting, it looks like your keeping on top of things.

Have you made a route through China for your 35 days?

If you would like some suggestions, just ask, I have lived here 4 years already.
~~~~~~~~~~

So you have some thing like 2 cars, presume 2 people in each car?
and 5 bikes.

So perhaps your party consists of around 7 to 9 people.
I trust the Chinese guide will be traveling in one of the vehicles ?

Which tour group(s) have you been in discussion with?

Which tour group has given you the price you appear to be going with?

I tentatively ask, is there room for another vehicle, with 2 on-board?

The price you mention $1350, I guess this will drop a bit, should the group expand, and thus more persons to shoulder the guide costs?

0a262655.jpg

337258bc.jpg

vette

vette

Back
Top Bottom