centre stand touchdown?

jasperthehorse

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing touchdown problems with the centre stand on left handers?
mines a sept 14 non TE model.
cheers

Nope, and I've scraped my footpegs a few times. Could you have bent the lever somehow? Get it in to the dealer, regardless.

is this a std height bike ? not lowered ? if its the std height id say your stand is not fully retracting … something blocking it from going all the way up ?

Im really baffled. I ride quite hard but Ive still got tiny bits of chicken strip left. Im wondering now if my heel is maybe catching the stand and pushing it down slightly. Wasnt pleasant this morning, caused a nice little kick on the back. Im going to ring the dealer tomorrow bout it. Will keep this updated.

Christ if i could ground my centre stand i would be well pleased with my heroics

Centre stands grounding down are normally caused by rough'n ready riding, when the suspension is compressed, bumpy road/bend, shutting off mid corner :blagblah

Now to get the footpegs down you have to be super smooth, cornering under power, suspension now near the top of their travel :loopy

Just try leaning your bike over on your drive and there's no way the centre stand touches down first ... 'cos the suspension aint compressed :blast

:beerjug:

:D

Nice one Micky. I concur - getting all your braking and speed down early and settling your bike before chucking it in to a corner can only make your mid turn and your exit smoother, quicker, more balanced, better grip, and of course safer.
If you can't 'get on the gas' mid turn, then you're in too hot .... (and slower for it ... )

:thumb2

Centre stands grounding down are normally caused by rough'n ready riding, when the suspension is compressed, bumpy road/bend, shutting off mid corner :blagblah

Now to get the footpegs down you have to be super smooth, cornering under power, suspension now near the top of their travel :loopy

Just try leaning your bike over on your drive and there's no way the centre stand touches down first ... 'cos the suspension aint compressed :blast

I've seen you on a mandarin 1150GS, touching the pegs up the hill out of Cochem on the B258, on those fast sweepers:nono

I used to be brave enough:blast

If you were smooth on the 1150GS's you could get the pegs down on both sides, plus chamfer the underside of the gearlever and brake pedal on the road, with Tourances, however you need a long constant radius bend and super sooth German tarmac:eek:

The profile of the tyre on the WC makes it a very brave man to go right to the edge !

I don't think that anyone has. MCN, and several other journos tried their hardest, when the bike first came out, but failed.

:D

Nice one Micky. I concur ......

Just don't ask me how I obtained this 'perceived' wisdom :D

i-cr4dxGv-L.jpg

Has happened a couple of times when two up and the suspension has been compressed mid corner due to road surface. But as Micky and Giles suggest if you get it all settled before tipping in it should all be good the other side. Even Guy Martin says slow in, fast oot.

I've managed both sides but I when at the bottom of a dip. With the suspension compressed,.I'm 20 stone and had the ESA set for solo
I'm sure if I'd been smoother it wouldn't have happened!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im going to wind the suspension pre load and damping back to factory settings for solo and see how I get on. Had it adjusted for a pillion recently and wondering if I havent got it set back. Tempted to take the stand off though. I am quite a smooth rider so something odd afoot here.

Im going to wind the suspension pre load and damping back to factory settings for solo and see how I get on. Had it adjusted for a pillion recently and wondering if I havent got it set back. Tempted to take the stand off though. I am quite a smooth rider so something odd afoot here.

Jacking it up to pillion preload should make it LESS likely to ground out.

Back
Top Bottom