Chigee AOI lite

Hi could you explain how how and where you wired it up please. Im also mounting mine to sat nav crossbar but am unable to find any information on wiring in the device.
Thanks in advance
I have wired mine into a power module under the pillion seat taking the live feed from the Din power socket by my left leg (on a GS). As has been said, if you don't have it wired to the battery in some way you don't get the parking camera feature. Downside to using the Din plug as switched live is when you plug in a charger into the Din plug the Chigee stays live (you can switch the screen off), upside is you can play around with the device without having the bike switched on plus it remains live for a couple of minutes after switching the ignition off. Just something to be aware of.

I have wired mine into a power module under the pillion seat taking the live feed from the Din power socket by my left leg (on a GS). As has been said, if you don't have it wired to the battery in some way you don't get the parking camera feature. Downside to using the Din plug as switched live is when you plug in a charger into the Din plug the Chigee stays live (you can switch the screen off), upside is you can play around with the device without having the bike switched on plus it remains live for a couple of minutes after switching the ignition off. Just something to be aware of.
Ah, cheers for the advice. I think for ease of use I might wire to battery direct then take the switched live from the Sat nav power plug. Just need to find the switched live from one of the three wires.

And what will you do then? Find them and smash their teeth in?
Stupid comment! This has happened to me at work, luckily seen by a security camera and I was able to get their insurance to pay for the damage rather than mine!

Ah, cheers for the advice. I think for ease of use I might wire to battery direct then take the switched live from the Sat nav power plug. Just need to find the switched live from one of the three wires.

That’s my plan too. You can get one of these from nippy Norman’s.

That’s my plan too. You can get one of these from nippy Norman’s.

£20!!!!

That’s well expensive. I paid £9.05 for the BMW repair connector, which is the plug with 3 wires on it that you just connect to your device. Part number 83300413585

Chigee arrived.
Just waiting to collect New GSA on Saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 17
Will have to run the Acc power wire off the original sat nav prep plug down to battery area as the supplied acc wire isn’t separated from the pos neg lead

Will have to run the Acc power wire off the original sat nav prep plug down to battery area as the supplied acc wire isn’t separated from the pos neg lead

I did wonder if that’s the case. Have got most of the body work off ready. I’ll go for the 7.5 amp fuse wire.

Mines due to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully will have it back together quickly…..

I did wonder if that’s the case. Have got most of the body work off ready. I’ll go for the 7.5 amp fuse wire.

Mines due to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully will have it back together quickly…..
Could you keep me informed on how you get on please. Few Installation pictures and obviously your choice of trigger live you used thanks.
Kit feels very well made and well presented.

Could you keep me informed on how you get on please. Few Installation pictures and obviously your choice of trigger live you used thanks.
Kit feels very well made and well presented.

Sure thing.
I’ve pretty much stripped all the body work off and loosened the tank. Have gone for the red/blue 7.5mp fused wired for the trigger live. Have started it and have power. Also have put in the canbus remote. I had two choices with where to plug it in (I think one is the lean sensor and the other the alarm?). When for what I think is the lean sensor and it’s working fine too.
There is more control in that you can move around car play with the left right movement on the wheel, but long press and it moves between screens backwards and forwards. Also long press the indicator moves to the Home Screen. As the phone is in CarPlay mode I only have to say ‘Siri’ and the gas triggered too. Which is handy as I have a number of short cuts linked to this. For example ‘put the radio on’ starts my favourite radio station via bbc sounds.

I still need to locate and wire up the cameras. Away this weekend so won’t get to finish it until next week, but i’ll take some shots on where everything is before reassembling it all.

First impressions match with what others are saying in that it looks and feels really good. The screen is very responsive and so far it seems spot on.

If I had one complaint it would be that I’d prefer the screen to be an inch or so bigger, but that really isn’t an issue.

Thats great, thanks for taking time to keep us informed of your installation. I was wondering on the trigger wire the two options for me is the sat nav plug live but then I would need to route this along the Chigee wires down to pick up the trigger wire from the Chigee wiring which will be near battery not the best option I think I might do the same as you go for the red/ blue wire.
Did you Splice into loom or used the screw plug to tap into wire.
I also bought the wheel remote adapter and the standard remote just in case.
I don’t have an alarm so plugging in to BMW system shouldn’t be an issue as my last GS I installed a Hex. Once again thanks for sharing this information and look forward to seeing your photos shortly.
Week tomorrow is new bike collection day. So getting excited already 🤣

Quite interested in this and the Indiegogo discount looks good. My only issue is I have ben bitten on the ass once by IndieGoGo when a campaign reached it's goals and the campaign owner melted away into the night with over 100k's worth of pledges from backers and IndieGoGo just buried their heads. The question I am asking is has anyone who bought from IndieGoGo had their contribution fulfilled yet?

Really appeals to me as the blind spot detection would be useful being blind in one eye and a right shoulder check being less than useless, I compensate at the moment quite well with a couple of strategically placed doubletake trail mirrors, that show me what's in that extreme right blind spot.

The question I am asking is has anyone who bought from IndieGoGo had their contribution fulfilled yet?

I bought from IndieGoGo. Arrived this morning. Was shipped on Wednesday last week, which was 2 days earlier than promised.

Chigee have been really good with providing updates and keep resetting the “worry timer” before it expires, which many companies don’t do.

Quite interested in this and the Indiegogo discount looks good. My only issue is I have ben bitten on the ass once by IndieGoGo when a campaign reached it's goals and the campaign owner melted away into the night with over 100k's worth of pledges from backers and IndieGoGo just buried their heads. The question I am asking is has anyone who bought from IndieGoGo had their contribution fulfilled yet?

Really appeals to me as the blind spot detection would be useful being blind in one eye and a right shoulder check being less than useless, I compensate at the moment quite well with a couple of strategically placed doubletake trail mirrors, that show me what's in that extreme right blind spot.
The picture is literally above....

Can anyone please confirm if, once your headset is connected to the Chigee, can you still have an intercom with the pillion? I am using a Sena. Asking because my mate bought an earlier one (different make and model) and it will only allow him to connect to the unit and seems to cut out his pillion comms. Help much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom