Croatia and Bosnia

karlp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going to Croatia and Bosnia in approx. two weeks.

Just need some info on Currency please.

Read that Bosnia takes Euro so should be ok.

Croatia although in EU has kept its own currency.

I have read that some places in Croatia will take Euro but is it still the case that some places will insist on local currency.

Recent travellers please.

Many shops etc would not accept Euro currency when I was there (last week) and insist on Kuna payments. I also left Croatia with 130 Kuna (£13.56) still in my wallet and which will no doubt collect cobwebs!

I just love this European 'Union' whereby out of 9 countries visited 5 of them use their own currency and 4 use the Euro, and then of course to include the UK, 10 countries, yet another 'Union' currency. :blast

Many shops etc would not accept Euro currency when I was there (last week) and insist on Kuna payments. I also left Croatia with 130 Kuna (£13.56) still in my wallet and which will no doubt collect cobwebs!

I just love this European 'Union' whereby out of 9 countries visited 5 of them use their own currency and 4 use the Euro, and then of course to include the UK, 10 countries, yet another 'Union' currency. :blast

thanks

that is all I need to know

local currency

Croatia and Bosnia are very similar to uk they have official their own currency. however some places will accept the Euro however this is not officialy allowed in Croatia and Bosnia. Most towns will have a exchange office or a local who will do it.

So for coffee ect local currency is better and petrol stations use a card

Back
Top Bottom