DMD2 (Drive mode dashboard)

Eastmidsbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This won't be for everyone, but I wanted to enter some Rallymoto digital roadbook events in January so needed to get an Android tablet device. I've purchased a Samsung tablet and holder, and tried this out yesterday on a shakedown run with some riding buddies using DMD2 as the dashboard.

094F5EC2-E791-4ADD-BF0E-04F69BFB7A6C.JPG

IMG_3686.jpg

All seemed to work really well, charged OK, didnt fall off when doing some byways (although weather was miserable yesterday so no challenging lanes done). It's not ideal as it blocks the dashboard, but the front subframe wont be strong enough to take the weight in a drop, so handlebar mount is the only real option on this bike.

It wont stay on the bike permanently, but should be a good solution for roadbooking. I just need to find the best bluetooth controller for it now.

You should look at the Carpe Iter controller
A very good bit of kit and I know from experience is very easy to setup and works with loas of navigation apps (plus others) specifically roadbook types

More info here

Thanks, yes this looks like the best option at the moment.

The two I've looked at are :
Both significant investments, but the Carpe is the clear winner with compatibility. I love the design of the Silverfox one more, and that would fit my bars better but it just needs a few more software updates before it does what I want.

I've also looked at some generic/cheap bluetooth controllers, but none match the Carpe one.

R.

Join the Facebook group run by the developer.
There are better remotes and now their own devices as well.
Carpe Iter have a lot of problems - the biggest is selling unauthorised software.

Carpe Iter have been selling devices with DMD2 installed with unauthorised licenses. Buyers are then having to go to the developer and pay again.
just buy direct from the people who have developed it and the devices specifically to do that one thing.
They are also working to bring direct compatibility with the BMW wonder wheel.

I've purchased a cheap Ebay bluetooth controller just to see if it does what I want it to do (simply scroll the roadbook and be able to reset the trip meter).

Im sure the Carpe Iter controller would be better, but happy to try a 'disposable' option first just to see how it works.

R.

Carpe Iter have been selling devices with DMD2 installed with unauthorised licenses. Buyers are then having to go to the developer and pay again.
just buy direct from the people who have developed it and the devices specifically to do that one thing.
They are also working to bring direct compatibility with the BMW wonder wheel.
I have Carpe Iter BMW kit and its works absolutely fine.
Are you talking about the issue with Locus maps? As again Carpe Iter do not sell software....
its an Android system so the apps must be registered to an account and if someone logs out of that account and logs in with a different one then the app will not be associated with the new account so you would have to purchase again.
Are you talking about this on Facebook about someone who is talking about a trial license?? As I cannot find anywhere that mentions unauthorised licences??

I've purchased a cheap Ebay bluetooth controller just to see if it does what I want it to do (simply scroll the roadbook and be able to reset the trip meter).

Im sure the Carpe Iter controller would be better, but happy to try a 'disposable' option first just to see how it works.

R.
I think its only better because its been designed to specifically be used with many apps and what other functionality they can offer and obviously its wired into the bike etc
I have the BMW kit so it allows me to use the wonder wheel to scroll in and out and select something when I scroll through things.
Its just nice not having to touch the screen

I have Carpe Iter BMW kit and its works absolutely fine.
Are you talking about the issue with Locus maps? As again Carpe Iter do not sell software....
its an Android system so the apps must be registered to an account and if someone logs out of that account and logs in with a different one then the app will not be associated with the new account so you would have to purchase again.
Are you talking about this on Facebook about someone who is talking about a trial license?? As I cannot find anywhere that mentions unauthorised licences??

No. You aren’t reading what I‘ve actually said.
Carpe Iter are selling their tablets with DMD2 installed with a “lifetime subscription “.
1. They do not have permission to use the software anymore.
2. The subscription does not exist so buyers are then having to pay again for an actual subscription. The “lifetime“ option no longer exists even directly with DMD2.
3. the developer runs a facebook group page directly with their customers and freely shares the information, new releases, bugs, etc.
4. Numerous people have joined the page asking why their “subscription “ is not working, why Carpe Iter are not responding, etc.

I’ve been a user and beta tester for over 6yrs now so am well aware of what Carpe have done.
This is one of the biggest drivers for why the developers have produced their own range of devices.

No. You aren’t reading what I‘ve actually said.
Carpe Iter are selling their tablets with DMD2 installed with a “lifetime subscription “.
1. They do not have permission to use the software anymore.
2. The subscription does not exist so buyers are then having to pay again for an actual subscription. The “lifetime“ option no longer exists even directly with DMD2.
3. the developer runs a facebook group page directly with their customers and freely shares the information, new releases, bugs, etc.
4. Numerous people have joined the page asking why their “subscription “ is not working, why Carpe Iter are not responding, etc.

I’ve been a user and beta tester for over 6yrs now so am well aware of what Carpe have done.
This is one of the biggest drivers for why the developers have produced their own range of devices.
Carpe DID reply and its quite clear what has happened.

What it DOES highlight that licences are not worth the paper they are printed on in any situation

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-28 110604.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-28 110604.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I've entered the RallyMoto Icebreaker event which is up to 9 navigation routes between 2nd January and the end of March, this is the byway/off road version. First one is the Peaks which I'm hoping to do this coming Saturday. I've never used a digital roadbook like this before so should be fun and good learning.

They use a GPS for tracking from your Android device, so you just decide when you want to do it, and just register on the app before you go. I've found a few others doing the Peaks route next Saturday so should have some company for a least a bit of it. I think it will feel a bit like patting my head whilst rubbing my tummy, but should add a new dimension to trail riding.

I'll try and record me inevitably falling off :D

Screenshot_20231230_130914_RallyMoto Ice Breaker 2024.jpg

PitaNaanRoti

I don't like to talk about DMD and carpiter's dispute.
DMD developers continue to bad mouth carpiter to their users on social networking sites.
However, I would like to see the problems between companies to be solved between companies.

Unless you have actually been harmed by carpeiter, there is no need to tell us about it.
Please do not involve users in DMD disputes.

Back
Top Bottom