Ferries to Cyprus

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience of taking a ferry to Cyprus? I see it's possible from Turkey, but wondered about services from Greece or Italy, most of the posts I can see on here and HUBB seem quite old and I guess the political situation between north and south is changeable . My niece is getting married in Paphos next October, so considering a trip on the Himalayan. TIA

It was once a week between Piraeus and Limassol ‘tho I did read they were considering making it twice weekly - might stop during winter

ballistic took one out to Cyprus from Piraeus recently.. unfortunately he came a cropper on the way home, but he might see this and let you know as he's on the mend..

This year, 2023. the ferry link was from Piraeus in Greece, to either Limassol or Larnaca in Cyprus. It ran from May to Sept.

Hopefully it will run again next year. The operators were / are Scandro Holdings, who were handling the bookings.

I don't know anyone personally who used the ferry, but mostly I've heard good things about it.

I'll try to find some more info and if I can I'll post here.

ballistic took one out to Cyprus from Piraeus recently.. unfortunately he came a cropper on the way home, but he might see this and let you know as he's on the mend..
Indeed, I took the Piraeus-Larnaca ferry in August, with the return in September. It's an old Japanese ferry that's been tarted up a bit, but still quite basic. I had a single cabin, which was just long enough to accommodate my 6'-2" frame. It had a wash basin and aircon, so quite adequate for the one/two nights spent aboard.
I wanted to go in September, and return in October, but the last ferry back to Greece sailed on 30th August, so I didn't have much choice. After the first year, they said they were going to extend the sailing periods, but that didn't happen, in fact, this season was shorter than the year before.
Overall, though, not a bad ferry.. they strapped down the bikes really well, without ruining the seat, there is a cafe/bar a restaurant, toilets and showers. All you need, really.. and I thought £230 return, with a bike, was pretty good value (certainly, compared to UK-Spain ferries).
Anything else you want to know, just shout up.
Yes, I'm on the mend, one month on from my accident in Albania.. I can stand on one leg, with the aid of a zimmer frame, and hodge forward about 3" at a time. One day, I'll be strong enough to get as far as the toilet :rob

Indeed, I took the Piraeus-Larnaca ferry in August, with the return in September. It's an old Japanese ferry that's been tarted up a bit, but still quite basic. I had a single cabin, which was just long enough to accommodate my 6'-2" frame. It had a wash basin and aircon, so quite adequate for the one/two nights spent aboard.
I wanted to go in September, and return in October, but the last ferry back to Greece sailed on 30th August, so I didn't have much choice. After the first year, they said they were going to extend the sailing periods, but that didn't happen, in fact, this season was shorter than the year before.
Overall, though, not a bad ferry.. they strapped down the bikes really well, without ruining the seat, there is a cafe/bar a restaurant, toilets and showers. All you need, really.. and I thought £230 return, with a bike, was pretty good value (certainly, compared to UK-Spain ferries).
Anything else you want to know, just shout up.
Yes, I'm on the mend, one month on from my accident in Albania.. I can stand on one leg, with the aid of a zimmer frame, and hodge forward about 3" at a time. One day, I'll be strong enough to get as far as the toilet :rob
Thanks, I'm going to give it some thought. The wedding is 11 October, shame it's not earlier, I'll have to wait and see what happens with sailing dates, otherwise a long trip through Turkey... or I could just fly!

Back
Top Bottom