Finally ridden it

Sister in laws tomorrow :oops:
But thursday first service and a ride out :thumby:

Glad that you like it Stick..I would have ordered the same way in black , forged wheels and 20 mm taller and stiffer sports suspension despite the ugly radar box up front and stupid looking Harley blinker tail lights...A shame that BMW made the tank so small...Enjoy the new toy while the new love lasts but to call the 1250GS lacking is a little bit harsh...Roll-on is just as good , sound is better all whats missing are 320 mm rotors up front , 20 hp ,6 gallon tank and high speed with bags & top case stability....Obviously you dont have them either otherwise I would have said do us a christmas favor and say lets do this and report back...Merry Christmas and a fun filled 2024 ! Especially with all the BS going on and I think it will only get worse before it gets better...I hope I am wrong on this one...LOL

Gossy since you have topcase & bags why dont you bring it up to 145 on the speedometer and tell us if it still wobbles like the 1250...?! PLEASE...LOL

Stick if you remove the CF caps of your Akra can you still take out the DB-inserts like on the Akra fishtail muffler ?

And yes the MTN2 are even better than the TA3 but come with a slight mileage penalty...Love em !

I’d be out on mine, it’s just had its 600 mile, but it’s awaiting a new BDC module ffs

7-10 days then it’s gotta be fitted.

Not pissed off at all.

Typo.
7f5bdbf24c1b039c61ac85de916312f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark.....Suzuki X7 in the background? (Hen's teeth) thought most ended up in the farmers field in the first bend at Carnaby! LOL

TD.

Mark.....Suzuki X7 in the background? (Hen's teeth) thought most ended up in the farmers field in the first bend at Carnaby! LOL

TD.

Well spotted - it’s in bloody good nick too - I have ridden it even holing a piston being a knob when I was racing my mate.

A twat to start but lovely to ride and doesn’t try to kill me like the Dnepr
09608f4a604ac1fa22fb90a333af948f.jpg

I’d be out on mine, it’s just had its 600 mile, but it’s awaiting a new BDC module ffs

Not pissed off at all.

Typo.

Sounds bad & sorry to hear this - did it fail whilst you were out or was it picked up at the service ?

Sounds bad & sorry to hear this - did it fail whilst you were out or was it picked up at the service ?

I started to get those stupid errors - usually associated with a dying battery - so I let them know on the day of the service.

Nothing was picked up (there’s a shocker) so a couple of days later when the battery fully died the bike went back and the BDC controller was shown to have been draining the battery so that’s what is going to be replaced.

Along with the rear brake pads which had only 2mm on them after 600 miles…….

Not pissed off at all.

Typo.

What’s a BDC mate? Was it showing some sort of symptoms or did they spot it?

What’s a BDC mate? Was it showing some sort of symptoms or did they spot it?

It’s one of the several controllers on the bike that controls stuff (think ‘computer’) and they did t know what was causing the drain until they unplugged each module until the drain stopped and that’s how they found the culprit!

I think the BDC controller is one of the main if not the main brain on the bike…….

Back
Top Bottom