First Outing of 2014

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brian, Geraldine & myself had our first run out over the weekend in preparation for High King Run

Saturday was cold – it was 3c as we left my place and it never got above 4c all day
The run down to Killaloe wasn't very exciting, motorway all the way, but at least it was dry and calm which was a real bonus after the previous week
By the time we got to the hotel it was a lovely day

View from the hotel carpark towards Killaloe :

The hotel :

Would ya look at the head on that ! :

And then it was time for lunch :

There's some lovely spots around Lough Derg :

The rain started about 3.30 so we headed back to the hotel for dinner & an overnight

Sunday dawned slightly damp & still a bit windy but a much more balmy 12c. By the time we'd had breakfast & a wee swim the day wasn't looking too bad so we ventured out again :

I was trying to find a way down to an old castle on the lake shore & tried a wee lane.
Going down was alright, even turning at the locked gate at the bottom was fine but on the way back up….:blush

The only gay on the bridge :

A bit of historical architecture :

Again the rain started about late afternoon but as we were happy with what we'd got done he hightailed it for home.
It pished all the way home so there's no pictures but it was nice to get out.

I was trying to find a way down to an old castle on the lake shore & tried a wee lane.
Going down was alright, even turning at the locked gate at the bottom was fine but on the way back up….:blush

Photo Rally spot for sure:thumb2 :augie

.......... yes indeed, it was nice to be out and about on my moto for the first trip of the new year :clap

although I've no idea what Jockser was thinking of going up that boreen to begin with:nenau..... I was slipping and sliding all over the place when I went down to rescue him and I was walking:eek

anyway the hotel was very comfy and they had everything I asked for on the dinner menu, others weren't so lucky:rolleyes:

Don't think I've ever been so cold and wet before, I was soaked right down to me drawers!!, it started raining at about 15:30 and it was still raining when I put the bike away at home. I did notice a strange rattle and slight vibration while doing 140km on the motorway, oh no whats wrong now.. anyway it wasn't the bike it was me shivering and me teeth rattling......:D:D

Great weekend and thanks Jockser and herself:thumb2:thumb2

Don't think I've ever been so cold and wet before, I was soaked right down to me drawers!!, it started raining at about 15:30 and it was still raining when I put the bike away at home. I did notice a strange rattle and slight vibration while doing 140km on the motorway, oh no whats wrong now.. anyway it wasn't the bike it was me shivering and me teeth rattling

Hardcore Brian :bow :D

I didn't laugh, honestly Jochen. I was most concerned that your head was perhaps still in the helmet on the grass bank :eek: :p

:aidan

Don't think I've ever been so cold and wet before, I was soaked right down to me anyway it wasn't the bike it was me shivering and me teeth rattling......:D:D

were they trying to make a bid for freedom?? :D :hide

Back
Top Bottom