Garmin V1 ghosting fix

How long has one fixed by GPS station worked without ghosting though??. Ones from Garmin usually work for at least a year. I'm on my 4th over 6years. First one replaced under warranty at approx 2 years, 3rd one I had to pay Garmin for refurbished unit £150, that lasted 12 months but I was pleasantly surprised when Garmin replaced it FOC .
Point is, do the GPS station fixed ones work long term??. Has anyone had one for a long time? , Has anyone had one fail again & did GPS station honour the lifetime guarantee?.

Mine started ghosting last year ( it is well out of warranty ) BUT it only ghosts when it is linked to the whizzy wheel . Even if it is calculating and running a route it will not ghost or play up if the wheel is linked to the TFT screen.

Quick question is how to you get Garmin refurbished units ?

Quick question is how to you get Garmin refurbished units ?

Refurbished devices as an exchange? From Garmin, unless there are some floating around on eBay and the like.

PS I suspect your observation that the ghosting only happens when the whirlywheel is used, might be fallacious.

Just thinking out loud, is there a possibility that the issue is caused by the connection to some bikes, maybe a power spike or something? It just seems inconceivable that some owners (including myself) never experience the ghosting issue, yet others go through multiple units never finding a satisfactory one.

Just thinking out loud, is there a possibility that the issue is caused by the connection to some bikes, maybe a power spike or something? It just seems inconceivable that some owners (including myself) never experience the ghosting issue, yet others go through multiple units never finding a satisfactory one.

Who really knows? Only Garmin I guess. As Garmin are apparently bringing out a third iteration of the Nav VI, I would assume that they have ironed out whatever it was that caused the problem.

It’s a bit like Russian Roulette. I had two Nav VI’s. One was perfect and never misbehaved; I sold it in good faith on the forum. The second, owned at the same time as the first, misbehaved really badly. Both devices were used for extensive periods on the same bikes. I would not sell a device I know to be shonky, so I demanded (and received) a full refund from BMW.

A mate has a refurbished Nav VI, which is now ghosting. He was told by Garmin the "new" revised version will be available around June. They didn't comment when he asked if it would be a free replacement.

Well was advised by a dealership employee that the newest version of the Nav6 is still suffering the same issues as the earlier ones despite allegedly being 'fixed by Garmin'.

Sorely tempted to either buy a used Nav5 or an XT /adaptor for the BMW cradle and forget about the connectivity

Well was advised by a dealership employee that the newest version of the Nav6 is still suffering the same issues as the earlier ones despite allegedly being 'fixed by Garmin'.

Sorely tempted to either buy a used Nav5 or an XT /adaptor for the BMW cradle and forget about the connectivity

According to Garmin there is a new new version, nobody has them yet. But I went XT last year, have been happy with it

I sold my first Nav 6 after getting a replacement refurbished unit from Garmin. I used the money to buy a brand new 6 from my BMW dealer with warranty.The salesman basically said- do not loose the receipt. If it ghosts we will give you your money back. It lasted 90 miles of the boat in France on day 1 of a 16 day trip. Smartbazza brought me a 6 out borrowed from a friend and it worked no problem and still does. Strange.

Got my money back and got a XT and the 3D adapter. Brilliant unit and so easy to get GPX files transferred that it makes the 6 look medieval .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said in another thread, there’s a lot about this, I got my replacement back a couple or three weeks ago and it’s now recognised on Express as Navigator V1-1 rather than just Navigator V1.
No idea if this is significant, Garmin said it’s the second half of 23 when the revised unit will be released, so too early for this to be one I suppose. Just thought it interesting that the designation has changed.

Well sent my Nav6 off on Saturday and told there would be a 6 to 8 week delay as no stock was available, confirmed with an E mail that they received my old unit .

That was yesterday, today I get an E mail saying the replacement unit has been despatched along with a tracking number ?

Well sent my Nav6 off on Saturday and told there would be a 6 to 8 week delay as no stock was available, confirmed with an E mail that they received my old unit .

That was yesterday, today I get an E mail saying the replacement unit has been despatched along with a tracking number ?

Because they are probably sending back the same unit you already have, so make life a ride, still breaks. 6-8 weeks if for their latest and greatest fix.

I have sent my MLAR version for there prevention treatment

Because they are probably sending back the same unit you already have, so make life a ride, still breaks. 6-8 weeks if for their latest and greatest fix.

Looking for a used Nav 5 for my holidays as I hold little hope of the replacement unit arriving next week being fixed,

New Navigator VI. 1 arrived today ,lets see if it lasts until my holidays

New Navigator VI. 1 arrived today ,lets see if it lasts until my holidays

New, as in ‘Edition three, being released in the second half of 2023’? Or new as in ‘Garmin have replaced my ghosting device, with something’?

Back
Top Bottom