Given the luggage a refresh......

Bounce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a little smarten up for les boxes....and before all the nae sayers pipe in with their comments......Bollox to you ;), I like it and AFAIK....that's all that matters......:D

Before:

After:

And yes....those are delicious wavy brake discs.....Armstrong ones FYI, and bloody superb they are too.......:D

They look great.:thumb

I am slightly biased though!:D

They look superb. Did you do it yourself? If so, where did you get the vinyl?

Nutty was my teacher and we did the 3 in a couple of hours (with a cheeky libation in between).

Pre cut vinyl pieces bought from Signature Custom Designs in Limassol, Cyprus....very nice people (excellent comms), and goods received 5 days from order being placed, complete with tracking number with Royal Mail.

https://signaturecd.com/

Much though I'd love to share a cuppa with you guys and get the 'master class', it's a bit far for me. Any chance you could give a few tips. I definitely want to give that a go.

Much though I'd love to share a cuppa with you guys and get the 'master class', it's a bit far for me. Any chance you could give a few tips. I definitely want to give that a go.

It's embarrassingly easy as I found out.

All you need is:
> A trigger bottle with warm soapy water
> A micro fibre cloth
> A credit card (Amex or Visa is perfectly acceptable :D), or as we used.....BMW assist card :p
> A hair dryer

Application:-

> One panel of the box @ a time
> Spray the box panel surface & sticky side of the vinyl piece with the warm soapy water (more rather than less)
> Place the vinyl piece onto the box
> Wiggle it so that is fits flush and true (the soapy water works like a dream)
> Place the CC inside the microfibre cloth, and work from the centre of the vinyl to the edges to push the water out
> Once happy, apply heat from said hair dryer and push the air bubbles out with just the microfibre cloth (paying attention to the edges)

Hey presto.....

To be fair, 2 pairs of hands did make a massive benefit to the task :D

Nutty was my teacher and we did the 3 in a couple of hours (with a cheeky libation in between).

Pre cut vinyl pieces bought from Signature Custom Designs in Limassol, Cyprus....very nice people (excellent comms), and goods received 5 days from order being placed, complete with tracking number with Royal Mail.

https://signaturecd.com/

Can't seem to see the plain black option. Was it a special request.

Can't seem to see the plain black option. Was it a special request.

When you've selected your bike model etc, there is a colour menu with drop down box...click on the arrow and it will say clear film or semi matte black.

Also, for your top box your need to select with/without back rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking really good Keith - nice one - well done :beerjug:

Seen some people have drilled out rivets etc and completely cover the boxes in black vinyl. Look good but beyond my capabilities. I think yours looks good for a fraction of the effort! my boxes are still ok as I tend not to use them and just chuck a rollbag on the back seat. When they need doing I shall be following your route.

Are you sure it's a Daimler? As far as I can see it looks like the logo on the hubcap is the Jaguar's head rather than the Daimler D.

No I'm not sure at all you could be right, it is a short wheel base Series 1 XJ though, yes?

Yes,yes luggage looks great, how much for the series 1 Daimler in the barn? ;)

It's a Jag XJ something or other....

Are you sure it's a Daimler? As far as I can see it looks like the logo on the hubcap is the Jaguar's head rather than the Daimler D.

Not a Daimler as the honourable gent states.....

No I'm not sure at all you could be right, it is a short wheel base Series 1 XJ though, yes?

I'll find out for def...belongs to a mate of mine who is a sucker for old motors......when I'm home next I'll check.....if you're really 'that' interested......;)

I do believe you're right. I remember my late, ex-father-in-law had a brown Series One Daimler XJ6. I proposed to my ex-wfe in it, wearing my bike leathers, having borrowed it to go to a pub in Glasgow.

I'll find out for def...belongs to a mate of mine who is a sucker for old motors......when I'm home next I'll check.....if you're really 'that' interested......;)

If it's one of the very rare manual 4.2 litre ones, it'd be a good find.

Back
Top Bottom