Gmail not syncing across devices

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
For years I have accessed up my Gmail emails from multiple devices, desktop, iPhone and iPad. Going through them each day on one device meant not having to do the same on the other two devices.

In the last week or so this has changed, if I clear the unwanted emails off device 1, I then have to do it on device 2 and 3.

Anyone else having this problem? If so how did you resolve it?

I have tried Googling the answer but no resolution is coming up.

Can’t answer your problem BUT since this Monday my outlook (windows) no longer syncs with icloud 😖😖😖

For years I have accessed up my Gmail emails from multiple devices, desktop, iPhone and iPad. Going through them each day on one device meant not having to do the same on the other two devices.

In the last week or so this has changed, if I clear the unwanted emails off device 1, I then have to do it on device 2 and 3.

Working OK here. There's no way you've enabled POP3? Perhaps worth checking the Forwarding & POP/IMAP tab from the Gmail desktop settings?

Mine seems ok at the moment.

Working OK here. There's no way you've enabled POP3? Perhaps worth checking the Forwarding & POP/IMAP tab from the Gmail desktop settings?
I've not changed anything here.

Just mentioned it to the wife and she said the same is happening to her too, we don't share devices :unsure:

Okay, clearly a 'local' problem in the house here.
Nothing has been changed apart from a phone IOS update maybe.
Will have a look here and see what's going on.

Good God Paul - if you can’t do it what chance do the rest of us have!

There's a clear and obvious problem - you're using Gmail :D

Beyond that...

Nothing specifically obvious being reported generally on this issue which does suggest it's likely to be something to do with your setup.

Are all your (and Carré's) mobile devices iOS based?

Does the sync / lack thereof consistently fail in all directions? i.e. Delete from PC fails to delete from iPhone etc, delete from iPhone fails to delete from PC etc.

Have you tested a web login v mail app? Delete from iPhone deletes from web login? Delete from web login deletes from other devices?

Have you tried deleting an app from mobile device and re-installing?

These are the most frustrating issues to troubleshoot.

Be methodical, write down each thing you tested. You'll get there in the end....

My Android phone and Windows laptop are syncing fine. Including pulling in from a 3rd party email account via POP3. Both devices using FTTP via Vodafone.

Are you all using the same hard wired broadband connection to the internet? What if you try syncing over 4/5G using one of your mobile devices as a hotspot to eliminate the broadband ISP?

....that was going to be my follow up question.

Could be a router thing. A good old "turn it off and on again" might be all that's needed.

Actually could be a good thing to try before anything else. Quick and easy and won't hurt anything.

Gmail working ok across phone and iPad here :nenau

Whilst I am not familiar with things Apple, I mentioned this to a mate who is a user.

He assumed you are probably using 'Mail', an Apple client email app, to manage your Gmail.

If so, deleting a message on your device might just be removing the Gmail Inbox label and keeping the email in Gmail's All Mail list. Presumably there must be something that has been corrupted, maybe following an update, that can be adjusted in settings/preferences?

All fine here Android Phone Windows laptop and Linux Desktop using various mail clients.

Back
Top Bottom