Go-pro mount

Me and it is the one to have IMHO, but I did buy the real one, not the Chinese knockoff, might be the same one, :nenau but the Guard concept one is very solid indeed.

Me and it is the one to have IMHO, but I did buy the real one, not the Chinese knockoff, might be the same one, :nenau but the Guard concept one is very solid indeed.

Wunderlich......re-assuringly expensive lol. Does the 1200 LC one fit a 1250 do you happen to know ?

Hi

Yes. I fitted the mount last night, along with the headlamp guard.

They both came off my 1200 GSA and fitted without any problems to my 1250 GSA.

Hi

Yes. I fitted the mount last night, along with the headlamp guard.

They both came off my 1200 GSA and fitted without any problems to my 1250 GSA.

Thanks for that Bill, just what i needed to know. Did you buy the knock off version or the bloody expensive Wunderlich one ?

Well if I had the choice again would probably buy the chinky one.

I've bought both. The Guard Concept was better - the knock-off fixing came loose, luckily just before the GoPro bounced down the road. Subsequently loctited and all good - so far...

I've bought both. The Guard Concept was better - the knock-off fixing came loose, luckily just before the GoPro bounced down the road. Subsequently loctited and all good - so far...

Not tighten them properly then ? Dont think loose bolts could be blamed on the bracket surely :nenau:augie:D

The actual small bolts for the go pro mount itself (2 fo them) need removing and re inserting with loctite as they work loose. I used Gorilla glue. Applies to the chinky one

I have the Chinese cheap version, and previously had the expensive one. The Chinese offering is everybit as good, fits well and holds the Gopro rock steady, save yourself £50 imho.

Thanks for that Bill, just what i needed to know. Did you buy the knock off version or the bloody expensive Wunderlich one ?

The expensive one. Mainly because I don't think the cheap version was around at the time.

I got the chinky version in black for £17.59p delivered back in April the free delivery took about 10 days so not bad, fitted it to my R1200GS and now on my R1250GS I did use better stainless bolts than those that came with it though and it works a treat, rock steady footage from my Olfi cam, if your at all concerned I suppose you could always attach a tether to the camera but as mines bike powered I think the cable will do the same job if required. Can’t see the point in lashing out £100 quid for the same thing with a nice label.:nenau

Not tighten them properly then ? Dont think loose bolts could be blamed on the bracket surely :nenau:augie:D

See below from malcopopolo - it's the small ones that come already fitted to the mount, not where the mount is fitted to the bike.

Just a word of warning.

Back
Top Bottom