GPS Co-ords from the Zumo

L

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to get GPS co-ordinates from the Zumo without a PC? More specifically, the Co-ords of a favourite?

The only way I've found is to simulate a route to the favourite, set location then go to save it again as a favourite (it gives you "Mark Location" details)

Thanks

L

I thought if the location was on the map screen, and you touched it with your finger then the co ordinates come up, not sure though, I am probably wrong :augie

tap the screen and the street name comes up, but not the co-ordinates.

On my 2610, if someone gives me N/E co-ordinates, I can alter an existing waypoint's co-ordinates (aka favourite) to show where it is/save it etc.

tap the screen and the street name comes up, but not the co-ordinates.

On my 2610, if someone gives me N/E co-ordinates, I can alter an existing waypoint's co-ordinates (aka favourite) to show where it is/save it etc.

You can create a waypoint by using just the co-ordinates on the Zumo.

Use Go To then select co-ordinates then when entered save and it will appear in your Favourites :thumb2

Page 19 of the User Manual...........

Attachments

• ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 161
...and getting the co-ordinates of waypoints in the Zumo??

(ps who reads the manual! :blast)

To find the co-ords you can also tap on the waypoint in your list of favourites and select edit, I'm sure it shows them then. Not got my Zumo with me at the moment so can't confirm this :)

- tap the waypoint and it tells you the name of the waypoint
- select the waypoint from the list of waypoints, tap edit and you can change the name, tel and delete...

- tap the waypoint and it tells you the name of the waypoint
- select the waypoint from the list of waypoints, tap edit and you can change the name, tel and delete...

Looks like it's not possible then. Which is a shame if you need to text someone the co-ordinates of a favorite and your away from your PC :(

The only way I've found is to simulate a route to the favourite, set location then go to save it again as a favourite (it gives you "Mark Location" details)

A right royal PITA! :mmmm

Just done a quick search on the Zumo forum and found this;

Hello everybody, this is my first time on this forum.

@Martin Ellis
To retrieve coordinates from stored waypoints/favourites, you have to :

- turn off the gps receiver : System -> GPS Mode = GPS Off
- choose the waypoint/favourite you want to check and select it
- then do : Map -> Set Loc. ->back -> back -> back -> Down arrow" -> Coordinates

=> The coordinates of your waypoint/favourite are displayed

At this point if you want to convert a waypoint/favourite defined by an address in one defined by its coordinates you can do the following :

- Next -> Save -> <type_a_new_name> -> Done

This will of course not erase the waypoint/favourite defined by an address.

Does this answer your question ?

Sounds similar to yours, but without the route. Doesn't sound a quick way, but I just tried it and it took me 15 seconds tops......

Any use?

Blimey, I must be shic as thit! Read your instructions and tried it out whilst reading -and still couldn`t get this right. Think I will stick with the Zumo for navigating and keep the Quest for coordinates - makes the bike look a bit Dakar!

Maybe I'm reading it one way and you another................:D

Your Zumo is on.
You need to turn the reciever (not the unit) off and put if in simulation mode;
Select the 'spanner' button (or wrench as our colonial friends call it)
Select the 'System' button
Select GPS Mode button that is set to Normal
Select GPS Off
Select the "Ok" button
Select "back"
Select "back" again.
You will now be at the normal Where to/View Map screen & your Zumo is now in simulation mode.

Select "Where to"
Select the waypoint/favourite you want to check
Do not select "go"
Select 'Map'
Select 'Set Loc.'
Select 'back' 3 times until you get to the Address/Go Home/Food Lodging page
Select the down arrow once to show the bottom half of the page.

Select the 'Coordinates' button

The coordinates of your waypoint/favourite are displayed.

Again, sounds a real pain, but very quick once you've done it the first time.

As a Quest owner before too, I wish they'd made some of those features available with the Zumo too.

Back
Top Bottom