Hello from Zummerzet!

Morseman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Greetings from Somerset. Heard about this forum from daughters partner. I currently own a 2007 Kawasaki Versys KLE650 twin abs, in what must be the best colour it was produced in, candy burnt orange. Bought back in 2013 from a dealer called Motorbiking in Bournemouth. From my heady days of learning to ride on a C reg Yamaha MF2K step through 50cc bike, and passing my motorcycle test in 1972, in Southampton, I’ve enjoyed the following. Brand new 1972 Suzuki TS90 in orange, strangely! This was to be my wife and I’s transport from Chandlersford in Hampshire, to Combe Martin,North Devon, for our honeymoon! Travelled overnight in freezing cold weather to miss traffic, wearing ordinary overcoats and gloves but proper crash helmets. No petrol stations open then, overnight, so two lemonade bottles full of petrol strapped on the back carrier with our suitcase, which we used en route, arriving in Combe Martin running on vapours! First job? Clean the bike LOL! Then scooters Lambretta GP200, TV175, then I discovered budget motoring with a T reg MZ TS150 Eagle! Budget because a lot of local owners managed to seize their ones because the two stroke filler cap had a measuring jug under it where you could put in the different ratios 1:25, 1:20, 1:50, 2 stroke oil and tip it into the tank. I think it was supposed to be 1:25, but many got it wrong and put 1:50 in and seized their engine. Too costly to repair so easily bought for between £20 and £50, then you had spare wheels, tyres, running gear, the lot for a pittance! I bought three for spares!

Then it was a Lazer green Yamaha XJ900s Diversion, from Fareham, then a wine berry red Honda Pan European ST1100 from Bransons in Yeovil, Yamaha XJ 600, 2009 new lazer Blue Yamaha XJ6F 600 from Bransons and then the Versys. Good span of bikes, loved them all ! That’s it in a large nutshell. Take care out there, but have fun!

Welcome Morseman
+1 for MZ's. Paid my way thru college working as a Dispatch Rider back in the early 80's. Had at least 4 MZ's (two TS150, one Supa5, one ETZ250), Great they were.
Nostalgia made me buy a non-runner ETZ301 a while back... After ages fixing it I sold it as soon as I got it running!

You can't be too far from my mate Simon Lester (Fluffy Bridges on this forum) who is at Exton

Back
Top Bottom