Hex EzCan 2 Query (R1250GS)

hawkeye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On my Hex EzCan 2, I'm using both the "light" options, one for controlling a set of spots, the other for controlling my Wunderlich Heated Seat (2019 R1250GS). I have a 3rd set of spots I'd like to add, which I am quite happy to come on/off with the ignition (I'd probably add a small on/off switch under the seat in case I don't want them on for any reason). Personally I can't see why I can't utilise the accessory option/tail for achieving this, given I have no light options available. The only other option is to add the additional spots to the circuit I use for my current spots, but I'd sooner not do that, as there will be times when I just don't want a set of spots on (I maybe should add that these spots are 10amp and wide angle, so more a DRL/running light than a spot)

Unless anyone can advise otherwise?

If you have heated grips you can use your heated seat to knock on with the grips i.e. you knock on your heated grips and your seat comes on too.

This would free up a connection on the ezee can

On my Hex EzCan 2, I'm using both the "light" options, one for controlling a set of spots, the other for controlling my Wunderlich Heated Seat (2019 R1250GS). I have a 3rd set of spots I'd like to add, which I am quite happy to come on/off with the ignition (I'd probably add a small on/off switch under the seat in case I don't want them on for any reason). Personally I can't see why I can't utilise the accessory option/tail for achieving this, given I have no light options available. The only other option is to add the additional spots to the circuit I use for my current spots, but I'd sooner not do that, as there will be times when I just don't want a set of spots on (I maybe should add that these spots are 10amp and wide angle, so more a DRL/running light than a spot)

Unless anyone can advise otherwise?
i would guess the overall power draw might be a limiting factor.

What spots do you have wired in already, and what spots do you want to add?

Depending on the pwoer draw, it might be easy enough to create a pig tail lead both spots plug into, then one connector into the EzCan. Although you'll then be confined by the set up of brightness/control for both sets.

@DJ123 I have the Wunderlich Spots (28380-102) wired in already (Similar in power etc to Denali D4's), the other spots I want to wire in are similar to Denali DM Light Pods and have a power rating of 10 amps, so probably using a fuse rating of about 4 amps on the EzCan tail would be about right (that's what I have for the Wunderlich spots). For the additional set, I'm none too bothered about the brightness control, as given they are a wide angle spot, I want them more as a permanent running light rather than as a spot, hence why I was wondering if there were any drawbacks on using the accessory lead (as that's the only one I have "spare", the other 3 being utilised for my Denali B6 brake/tail, spots and heated seat, I did have my Innovv K3 camera on the "spare" tail, but found out you can't use parking mode with it wired in like that so ran that direct off the battery and switched power.

@Anthony Byrne indeed I did think about doing that but having spoken with the EzCan manufacturers when I was wiring my seat in, they were quite specific about using one of the light options.

Forgive me as the more I thought about this Im thinking of my heated jacket, apologies.

I have my jacket wired to the Ezeecan and the same button for the heated grips turns it on

Forgive me as the more I thought about this Im thinking of my heated jacket, apologies.

I have my jacket wired to the Ezeecan and the same button for the heated grips turns it on
No worries buddy, no apologies needed, all suggestions are welcomed

In fact thinking of my reply earlier, after posting it, I seem to recall that overall the EzCan has a limit of 12 amps on the fuses that one can set overall on all 4 tails. So if I do connect my additional spots to the accessory tail, then the fuse rating on the EzCan would have to be 3 amps, as both the spot tails are set at 4 amps, and my B6 tail/brake at 1 amp.

Back
Top Bottom