Himalayan luggage

Giant Loop RTW panniers.
The lightest panniers around, I believe. Fit straight on to Himmie frames and much beloved by American riders.
Very expensive though.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 33
Bought these for the Magadan soft luggage.

They fit a treat.

img_5038-png.307719
Bargain too…

Managed to grab a bargain on Facebook Marketplace for a slightly used set of Magadan Mark 2s.

I use the RE pannier frames and the right-hand pannier came a bit close to the exhaust for my liking, so a couple of cheap heat shields from Rhinowalk have been added for reassurance as much as anything.

Panniers secured with Rockstraps.

Decent photos to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now got around to putting Advebture Spec’s Magadan panniers onto my Himalayan.

They look OK.

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4170.jpeg

Because the little bike is quite narrow across its rear, the Velcro straps that link the two bags together are a bit too long but the Velcro can be pulled across to shorten them.

The rearmost link strap, I ran beneath the rear top-box plate. The forward strap sits on the pillion seat but I think it’s better run beneath it.

IMG_4179.jpeg

IMG_4180.jpeg

I think there will be enough clearance between the end of the exhaust and the off-side pannier to prevent it burning or getting too hot.

IMG_4182.jpeg

I now only need to work out how to hold the bags onto the frames at the bottom, to stop them maybe flapping about in the awesome slip stream. I did buy some cinch straps with the bags, which might well work pretty well.

IMG_4183.jpeg

I’ll fiddle around with that, when I have fitted the new header pipe and end can.

Now that I have the inner bags, I’ll probably just leave the Magadans on, just pulling the inner bags out, when not not in use. I don’t think the added wind resistance will make much difference.

What I have though bought is two security cables to wrap around the bags, when they have kit it them. That’s about as much as you can hope for.

Last edited:
I stuffed the bags out with some Rukka motorcycling suit trousers, just to see what they looked like.

he bags need a bit of pulling around a bit but, they are near enough OK.

IMG_4185.jpeg

Having now used Adventure Spec’s Magadan throw over bags, I am very pleased with them.

I was riding through some heavy rain today, but not a came in. I had though taken out some ‘insurance’ by packing my kit into Blacks’ very good rucksack liners.

1713631785874.png

Back
Top Bottom