HONDA CB400 FOUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought one. Needs full resto really and thats the plan. Good thing is its all there and has a logbook etc.

Cant wait to get it here and start playing with it!

Enjoy. I had the F1, in bits, from about 6 months after i got it. :mad::(:blast

Cracking little bike :thumb2 I had one in 1990 and did a nut and bolt rebuild. My main regret was not having the money for a genuine Honda exhaust system (those downpipes were sooo sexy!)

Attachments

• cb-400f.jpg
    cb-400f.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,138
The 'four four' was the first proper bike I ever rode, it seemed such a 'big' bike at the time..............and then I rode one again a couple of years ago and it was soooooooo tiny.......................

Beautiful, sexy bikes - enjoy :thumb2

andres

Great bike

:bow F2 in yellow, reg YWT 800S :bounce1

My Dad had to sign for it, £800 as I was a youth :pullface

Added a Two Four seat, mags and a pipe!

Great Great bike!

TD
:type

It's an F2, 1978 a quick look and i think nearly all the bits are there?

It has been sat in someones garage for quite a while, its red on the logbook but the tank is painted red over yellow so dont know the original colour. It has a motad 4 into 1 which looks sort of OK but i cant wait to get one of those sexy replacements David Silver does, 200 quid i think, 275 with the silencer...:eek:

It should be here next weekend. I plan to do a few pics of it as it is, then get the engine running, brakes working, basically roadworthy then mot. The plan after all that is to strip down and do a nut and bolt resto on it.

Any pics anybody has of a previously owned/still got bike would be really appreciated as it might help if any bits are missing.

Thanks in advance.......

You probably know this already, but assuming you don’t. Dave Silver is restoring a whole pile of 4/4s for resale. Lots of bits and pieces available. Worth a Google

Hi Andres

No! hand made :bounce1

Small end like a Moto GP bike, I was so ahead of the times! Ha Ha

Come to think of it! did Mr H nick my idea for the latest blades !!!! :rob

TD

Great bike. I remember taking my new T140V Bonneville to my local dealers, S. Coupland for it`s first service and the mechanic, Stewart Crisp a friend of mine had just bought a brand new 400/4. He chucked me his keys and invited me to take it for a spin while he serviced the Triumph.
I took it up to Cadwell Park, via Revesby bends, and what a great little bike, free reving, sweet handling, if only I`d ridden one before buying the Triumph things could have been so different - ah well such is life.

You probably know this already, but assuming you don’t. Dave Silver is restoring a whole pile of 4/4s for resale. Lots of bits and pieces available. Worth a Google

Thanks JC, been looking on his site and yes, more available by the minute!

Big article next month in Classic bike magazine on the 400/4 you may be interested in:thumb
Comes out end of March.

:bow F2 in yellow, reg YWT 800S :bounce1

My Dad had to sign for it, £800 as I was a youth :pullface

Added a Two Four seat, mags and a pipe!

Great Great bike!

TD
:type

Maroon 400/4 GBV148S (my 3rd bike)
Also had Two Four seat and Mags - std pipe and KONI shocks.

Cracking bike at the time and fond memories here....:)

I had a red F1, 1978-80, bought it second hand in Laoders of Dorchester, think I paid 675 pound for it, had a half race fairing drop bars and michlin M38 at the frong and M45 at the back, comming from a G5 on K70's those tires were a revelation.

Cracking little four.

Honda 400/4

I would be interested to hear if 1976 model, reg. NRT 71P is still around. £699 new, physically too small for me but a lovely piece of kit!

ITS HERE!!

Couple of pics, i have been tinkering with it today. Few bits missing, few bits needed, basically not too bad..

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,632
  • DSC00235.jpg
    DSC00235.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,645
  • DSC00236.jpg
    DSC00236.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,742
Status
Not open for further replies.