Hotels in Morocco

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for safe and secure hotels in Tangier and Marrakesh?

I know I could go on booking.com looking for hotels but I want them with safe bike parking and close to the centre in Marrakesh.

I remember a place we stayed in in Marrakesh on a Steptoe Dash in 07 but can't for the life of me remember what it was called!

=======

Moved

Going back a few years but I've stayed in these hotels...
Mararkech Hotel Farouk, Avenue Hassan II, N31.37.921 W008.00.869 air con but not working very well, 250dh inc. b'fast. parked bike on pavement directly outside entrance. Cheap for Marrakech.

Marrakech Hotel Corail, Avenue Hassan II, not far from the above. Air con, locked underground carpark, fairly comfortable, 550dh double inc.b'fast. Worth paying the extra for the parking.

Tangier Hotel Picaso. City centre not far from the souk above the port. N35.46.778 W005.48.742 Large rooms, tv, air con and a locked underground carpark. 250dh. Recommended because of the safeparking, can be noisy at night as there's a few bars outside.

2007?

Bloody hell, time flies.

A great trip, up there with the first Dash.

Still think this was one of the highlights:

Skippy, be honest did you pitch that fecking tent again?

That has to be one of the funniest moments in tosser history at 7.30 the following morning..."hello, I know you are all awake. Pleeeeese open the door. I know you can hear me blah, blah blah"

You had to be there:D

…………

I thought I had a picture of the front of the 2007 Marrakesh hotel, with its name. But no.

I don’t know if this will work.

Whatton, I think it was, made a GPS track of the 2007 trip, including the hotels. You might be able to open the track up and work out the hotel (with a bit of help from Google) that way.

Post #46 here

I am though struggling to open the file on my iPad, simply as it’s a Garmin Database file.

You can contact Kev thro’ Facebook Messenger or maybe via the forum to see if he still has the original file.

I don’t know if this will work.

Whatton, I think it was, made a GPS track of the 2007 trip, including the hotels. You might be able to open the track up and work out the hotel (with a bit of help from Google) that way.

https://ukgser.com/forums/showthrea...-Moroccan-ride-report-with-a-difference/page3

Post #46

I am though struggling to open the file on my iPad, simply as it’s a Garmin Database file.

You can contact Kev thro’ Facebook Messenger or maybe via the forum to see if he still has the original file.

If you have Basecamp, then you can import the gdb file and it shows the tracks,

I always stay in Hotel Continental in Tanger. As you come off the Tarifa to Tanger Ville ferry it's directly in front of you on the 'cliff face' of the medina walls. To reach it turn left for 100m or so then head inland and follow your nose. Gated parking.

Back
Top Bottom