In love

Well, perhaps I have reached that age of being overly sentimental too. I've reduced what was bordering on a fleet to just one. And that's the XCountry. It was never lacking when I did the WC750, my own take on the NC500, and had me smiling until my helmet was about to burst.

There are those on here that disagree with me .... but it's a Classic for sure :thumb
:beerjug:

Isn’t any bike over about 20-25 years old called a classic?
Micky is referring to being classic in status, not just age. The Honda Benly is well beyond qualifying for classic in age, but a classic it will never be. The same can be said for many. Perhaps iconic would be a more apt nomenclature for the X Country.

Sorry I couldn't make it Malc.

Micky is referring to being classic in status, not just age. The Honda Benly is well beyond qualifying for classic in age, but a classic it will never be. The same can be said for many. Perhaps iconic would be a more apt nomenclature for the X Country.

Sorry I couldn't make it Malc.

There’s not many people even know they ever existed I would say the vast majority of motorcyclists, wouldn’t even know what it was let alone calling it iconic. It is indeed a brilliant bike but hardly an icon that’s gold star, Vincent, 916, RC30 territory. An airhead GS will too go down as iconic No doupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s not many people even know they ever existed I would say the vast majority of motorcyclists, wouldn’t even know what it was let alone calling it iconic. It is indeed a brilliant bike but hardly an icon that’s gold star, Vincent, 916, RC30 territory. An airhead GS will too go down as iconic No doupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All true, even the techs in Pidcocks didn't know what it was!
I agree, the airhead GS is already thought of as an iconic machine, and I have no doubt that the 1150GS will also been seen as such in time to come, it's television notoriety will see to that.

Back
Top Bottom