know thwy1190 Advenbture Insurance Question

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
1190 Adventure Insurance Difficulties (I'm not sure WTF happened to my title :blast)

My Brother in Law is struggling for an insurance quote a new 1190 Adventure

E-Bike (who he already has a Fully Comp Multi Bike policy with) wanted £380 for the remaining 7 months on his current policy :eek:

He's just removed an 07 Fireblade and got nowt back and his other bike is a T509 so worth bugger all

I know the 1190's are nickable and very desirable but even people like Carol Nash & Bennetts will not quote him on-line

He's 52, lives in Lower Earley, Reading, Berkshire. Has a clean licence and 5 years NCD

At this rate he will have to get me to insure it so I can take him out on it as a pillion :D

Has anyone else experienced difficulty in getting a quote sensible or otherwise?

Nope ,no issues here.
Sounds very similar to me , still paid 250 though

No problems getting several quotes.
Went with Motorcycle Direct, not the cheapest but fully comp with breakdown etc etc £147, living in midlands and a couple of years older than "your friend" :augie

Was happy with that :thumb2

I swapped from a GS1200 to an 1190 a month after renewing with 4 bikes on my policy at about £200, to swap to the 1190 CN took another £200 off me, they had me over a barrel as I was in a hurry. Not heard of problems getting quotes before.

I swapped from a GS1200 to an 1190 a month after renewing with 4 bikes on my policy at about £200, to swap to the 1190 CN took another £200 off me, they had me over a barrel as I was in a hurry. Not heard of problems getting quotes before.
I had a similar experience. I felt I was being robbed, the alternative was to cancel and start again. I did point out to them I was not happy and always had been and I would look at other brokers next time. Always had good treatment off CN but felt well and truly robbed.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

When I first got the 1190 just over a year ago I was quoted over £20,000 by some brokers blaming the bikes newness for the high price

Back
Top Bottom