Kriega Hydro-3?

Deleted account W

Anyone got one of these?

Any good? Looks the dogs :thumb2

hydLay.jpg

Yes, I have.
Along with the US-5 and US-10 sized attaching packs and the R8 waistpack.
All very good gear, purchased from Demon Tweeks in North Wales.
I had a problem with the first bite-valve and they exchanged it for a new one no-questions-asked.

Timpo.

A big sized Coke at McDonalds & I made it all the way from Virginia to Florida only stopping for gas...:nenau

I have the R15 backpack. The actual bladder is far easier to clean than a camelbak version, and the backpack sits better on my shoulders. Very good piece of kit, IMHO.
Mark

Kriega

I would agree with Mark,

The R15 rucksack with the Kriega bladder is the way to go - same great fit as the Hydro-3 but room for your butties, dry gloves & top and a tool roll.

All Kriega kit is first rate and I would reccomend all of it.

If you only want the drink system - go for the Hydro-3 or the R15 if you want a bit more room (doesn't weigh any more empty either!).

Cheers, Rick.

I ordered a Kriega R15 in time (according to their despatch dates) for my trip last month, from Kriega.com.

No sign of it by the time I left.

It arrived about five days into the trip (according to my neighbour).

I wanted the R15 to carry second video camera and stills camera etc plus odds and ends when away from the bike.

I've got some other Kriega gear so it made sense to buy the R15 as it's designed to work with the R3 waist-pack I have and I could attach my US5.

I was dumbfounded when I opened the package and on inspection couldn't find a way into the main rucksack section. :confused:

Aha, thinks I. It's probably cleverly concealed by a water-proof seal.

I found the zip but there was no slider. The zip just started at one end and finished at the other with no way of opening it!

I contacted Kriega.com by phone and email. I explained the problem and they said send it back.

Monday I had a message on my answer machine asking why I'd sent it back.

Tuesday I rang them.

"Have you looked at the item?" Quoth I.

"No." Sayeth the man.

"Please avail of yourself a perusal this very moment and I shall await your comment."

"Oh. Yes. Verily that is a bugger."

Profuse apologies were forthcoming from the purveyor of Kriega goods, both for the delay and the shoddy goods.

Today, I received a perfectly good R13 and some very useful Kreiga extras without exchanging so much as a Groat!

It's a bugger when a company gets something wrong. It does make-up for it when they come through.

Looks like a bit of kit I will make a fair bit of use of. I may even try my source bladder in it at some stage. :thumb2

I have the hydro 3 and several cubes/10/20 litre packs. All them are superbly made and make a Camalpack look cheaply made. Yes they're more expensive, but the harness is specifically made to fit peeps riding a motorbike with gear on.

VERY impressed with the item. You can also attach a 10 litre pack onto the back of the hydro 3 if you want more storage capacity.

Apart from that, it looks really cool when you wear it with one of these!!! :D

P

Kriega is king....
I ordered a US20... but i had got the completely wrong idea as to how it worked and it would'nt do what i wanted (making sense so far?)
Anyhow my mate spotted it and he was impressed enough to pay for that one and order another so that he can fit to the tops of his panniers..
I was very impressed with the build quality,the design is well thought out and the quality of the fastners is excellent.
i have since ordered the 'stash' organiser/wallet thing.

Got my stuff from here:

www.motogear.cc price for the US20 was £55, 'the stash' was £9. that included NEXT DAY delivery.
James is very helpful..based in Saffron Walden..

Last edited:
I bought a Kreiga rucksack and the hyrdo 3 when motorrad concepts collapsed.

I sold the hydro as I really didn't need it :rolleyes:

I am now using the R20 rucksack. It looks cool and the way you wear it is nice .. BUT THE FINISH IS CRAP. So many loose ends on the threads that you know it is just going to start disintegrating soon :(

It's kinda like those posh birds in london .. nice looking from a far .. but it's all going to go tits up if you actually have interact with them :D

I bought a Kreiga rucksack and the hyrdo 3 when motorrad concepts collapsed.

I sold the hydro as I really didn't need it :rolleyes:

I am now using the R20 rucksack. It looks cool and the way you wear it is nice .. BUT THE FINISH IS CRAP. So many loose ends on the threads that you know it is just going to start disintegrating soon :(

It's kinda like those posh birds in london .. nice looking from a far .. but it's all going to go tits up if you actually have interact with them :D

The Kriega will still be covered by the 10 year guarantee..... :)

Don't know about the birds from London though !!
What is the life span of a Silicone implant??

Won't be long before we have a Nation of Grannies on the Zimmers with upstanding t*t5,tattooed backs and pierced bellies exposed.:eek::rob

I would not be into wearing something on my back when riding a motorcycle is case of an off and landing on my back, especially something carrying a tool roll.

Had a minor off on a green lane and landed on my ribs, the compact camera in my breast pocket made life and breathing difficult for about 3 weeks after.

I try to keep everything on the bike.

I know this is not easy on a smaller bike but if your not riding the Dakar it seems a wee bit OTT.

My 2c

I would not be into wearing something on my back when riding a motorcycle is case of an off and landing on my back, especially something carrying a tool roll.

Had a minor off on a green lane and landed on my ribs, the compact camera in my breast pocket made life and breathing difficult for about 3 weeks after.

I try to keep everything on the bike.

I know this is not easy on a smaller bike but if your not riding the Dakar it seems a wee bit OTT.

My 2c

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom