Laundrettes at Supermarkets

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Do the Italians have self use washing machines at their big supermarkets like the French do in the car parks by any chance?

I've only been to Italy once many years ago and never went near a supermarket.

Do the Italians have self use washing machines at their big supermarkets like the French do in the car parks by any chance?

I've only been to Italy once many years ago and never went near a supermarket.
They do have bag washes, but I’ve not seen them in car parks, just normal coin ops like ours.

I've even been looking on Google Earth to see if I can see them in the car parks.

They are called lavanderie, iirc. They are there, but I find its not so easy to find them in Italy as other parts of Europe.

Ooh, it might sound daft, but look at truck stops and big motorway service areas where truckers ‘weekend’ .

Well I'm heading to Bosnia but want to spend a night/day or so in Ancona before getting on the ferry over to Croatia so I thought i could wash some gear whilst i was there as I don't want to take much

I am over planning because I'm killing time before going out tonight lol

Well I'm heading to Bosnia but want to spend a night/day or so in Ancona before getting on the ferry over to Croatia so I thought i could wash some gear whilst i was there as I don't want to take much

I am over planning because I'm killing time before going out tonight lol
You could always ride down the SH8 through Croatia etc to Bosnia rather than do Italy like that.

You could always ride down the SH8 through Croatia etc to Bosnia rather than do Italy like that.
I'm actually thinking of doing that on my return. I'm not fussed about the France part as have done it many times but Italy and Croatia etc I want to take my time so looking at ferry over but road back

I'm actually thinking of doing that on my return. I'm not fussed about the France part as have done it many times but Italy and Croatia etc I want to take my time so looking at ferry over but road back
I see.
I did it the other way round. Germany,Austria,Italy into Croatia. Then down the coast to Greece.
Came back via Igoumenitsa to Bari ferry, and up through Italy.

I see.
I did it the other way round. Germany,Austria,Italy into Croatia. Then down the coast to Greece.
Came back via Igoumenitsa to Bari ferry, and up through Italy.
I live in Portsmouth so cross on the ferry into Ouistreham
I lived in Germany for half my life so not fussed about doing that route so for me I'm looking at France, Italy then ferry into Croatia then up country into Bosnia (Zepce)
Then for my return Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy then back through France (as I do love France)

I am trying (and failing) not to plan to much as want to be as flexible as possible (only booked my ferry for one way) and see what the weather brings etc

But its not till may so we shall see

I live in Portsmouth so cross on the ferry into Ouistreham
I lived in Germany for half my life so not fussed about doing that route so for me I'm looking at France, Italy then ferry into Croatia then up country into Bosnia (Zepce)
Then for my return Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy then back through France (as I do love France)

I am trying (and failing) not to plan to much as want to be as flexible as possible (only booked my ferry for one way) and see what the weather brings etc

But its not till may so we shall see
How long are you planning for ?

I cross on the 18th May and have around 2 weeks
I need to spend a few days in Bosnia to revisit places I served during the war back in the 90's but other than that I'm free to do as I wish as I am doing this alone.

I cross on the 18th May and have around 2 weeks
I need to spend a few days in Bosnia to revisit places I served during the war back in the 90's but other than that I'm free to do as I wish as I am doing this alone.
not leaving yourself much time then. It took us 3 long days from Europort to karlobag, Croatia .

Which is why I wanted to use the ferry as least then I can be gaining distance whilst sleeping
Yes I can see that, youre cutting down on time/ mileage from that ferry as well I would think.

Not quite as far but we went Plymouth ferry to Santander, ride to Barcelona, ferry to Rome (Civitavecchia), ride to Salerno, then rode home. Worked well, covering distance while asleep.

Back
Top Bottom