Montana 650 routing problem

kevingrahambutler

Reaction score
I bought these maps off eBay
I do the route on PC then when I transfer the route to the Montana, it starts to calculate route then straight line, when all I want it to do is transfer the route over
What am I doing wrong

Europe Map 16 GB

Route planning on the PC because installable !
Scope of supply: Data for your navigation device and additionally data for your PC

You could plan your own trips directly on PC and then it´s possible to transfer routes to your navigation device
Real installation!
Use able for all Garmin devices because this Map is installable on PC!
Also for devices which do not have a card slot and have only an internal memory

Your advantage:
Direct from dealer with warranty on the SD Card
Route planning on the PC (Need external program Base Camp)
More than 12 GB data
Contour lines as extra (Srtm File)
Shipping by insured postage
microSDHC brands are industrially produced
Incl. microSD Card Case& Adapter (mircroSD to SD-Card)
No more circumlocution DVD.
Vector maps (Zoom a few feet onto the ground)
The scale is 1:25.000 & the maps are very detailed and comprehensive.
Supports routing
For professionals and beginners
Insert the map and search Geocaches, hiking, biking, navigating.
No shipping costs & insured shipping inclusive
Included Country's:

Complete UK
France, Italy, Spain
Austria, Switzerland
Albania, Andorra
Czech Republic, Cyprus
Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria
Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland
Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland
Hungary
Kosovo, Croatia
Lithuania, Luxembourg
Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro
Netherlands, Norway
Poland, Portugal
Romania, Russia (to Moscow)
Sweden, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia
Turkey

Which details are shown?
Street names
Mountains and peaks with wording and altitude
smallest forest roads (Perfect for walking & cycling)

Have you checked your 'routing' settings? I'm thinking you may have the 'activity' set as hiking or another none 'road based' transportation mode.

Have you enabled the map?
Are the map tiles shown when you zoom out on the map.
Sorry if these question are obvious but you never know, some folk get right in a pickle with the Montana at first.....

Have you enabled the map?
Are the map tiles shown when you zoom out on the map.
Sorry if these question are obvious but you never know, some folk get right in a pickle with the Montana at first.....

no map tiles showing when I zoom out,In the select map i have them enabled

no map tiles showing when I zoom out,In the select map i have them enabled

Is this map the only mapping on the unit?
If you have maps with the same file name, only one will be shown.
Plug the 650 into your computer and have a look in the 'GARMIN' file at what maps you have in there. They should be the biggest file sizes, and should have names like 'GMAPSUPP' or thereabouts. Check there is not two with the same name........

Any map sets in the Montana must be located in the 'GARMIN' file or the unit will not sse them....

...should have names like 'GMAPSUPP' or thereabouts. Check there is not two with the same name........

You can call them what you like on the Montana series. As said, make sure the directory structure is correct.

can any one do a copy of maps of europe on a micro sd card or can i loan one, as ive just wiped mine and not backed it up,,,,,bugger,,,,bugger,,,bugger,,,im away in six weeks

Kevin

I have a Montana 600, have you checked that the maps are 'routeable' some topo maps are not!

A great source of routeable maps for Garmin units can be found here :http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

I know they work as I downloaded one last night!

I hope you get it sorted

Ok I've gone down that route and down loaded the openstreetmaps as you say work perfect, I was hoping to buy the maps to just plug in but they were just copy's from Germany, I've sent them back and asked for my money back, I was thinking I would get the better maps with more detail for the off road, I think they were copy's of openstreetmaps, not very good ones

So I've down loaded the routable bike maps they seem to look good plenty of detail, so hoping they will do the trick, look like I can put all the mapping on one micro sd card as well.

Thanks for your help

Glad to see your sorted.
I dont want to worry you but there is no such thing as 'off road' in Germany its illegal. I lived & worked in Munich for a number of years & the only time I road off road was at BMW's enduro centre in an old quarry.

Yes, the Montana and Oregon GPS will take routable maps and 'rastor' maps, eg the OS 1:50k series.

The unit routes on the underlying routable map, but you can select to view the topo/OS map.

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom