Music onto device

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently purchased an XT and wanted to load some music onto an SD card. I put the SD card into the computer and copied all my MP3 on to it. When I put the SD card into the XT, it said the card had to be formatted to use, and did I want to Format now. I clicked yes, and as far as I know, the card was then formatted. However, if I pop it back into the computer to load my MP3s again, my computer (MacBook) doesn't see the card..
Any helpful suggestions please ?
Many Thanks

As soon as you formatted it in XT you erased everything.

Format the card in your Mac as FAT32, copy your music to the correct directory and put it in the XT. If it asks you to format it, don’t.

I think the XT only reads MP3 music files, so make sure they aren’t some other file type - if they are you’ll have to convert them.

That should do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe now your SD card is formatted and in your xt, you should be able to "see" the SD card if you plug your xt into a usb port on your pc.
Assuming you can see the SD card from your pc, create a folder called MP3 and copy your MP3 files into that folder...

That should work

Maybe now your SD card is formatted and in your xt, you should be able to "see" the SD card if you plug your xt into a usb port on your pc.
Assuming you can see the SD card from your pc, create a folder called MP3 and copy your MP3 files into that folder...

That should work
I've tried that but the computer doesn't recognise the SD card or the Zumo

I have the XT but listen to music from my phone via bluetooth to the XT - when the phone is connected to the XT it shows your phone library and music on the XT screen, the XT is connected to the headset in the helmet and transfers phone calls and music so you don't have to store music on the XT if you don't need to.

If you are copying music ripped CD's from Itunes its saved in .AAC format by default rather than .MP3 unless you speciffically do a conversion. Apologies if you have already done this. I stream spotify to my Zumo XT but I have music on an SD card for those areas I might be driving through with no phone coverage. Easy to choose between both on the XT its a nice simple interface.

That should work

He’s got a Mac, which is likely why he can see neither the SD card not the Zumo.

OP, you could try downloading Commander1 file manager from the App Store- that reads my XT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom