Nav system to Croatia

No6

Looks like I am going to hit the road to Croatia soon after the election. I destroyed two sets of tyres and and an expensive Volvo alloy wheel on Friday, soaked my expensive pro audio equipment on Monday. There goes my navigation system.

Anybody have an idea where I could hire a nav system that would take me to Croatia or even close to the border ?

I bought a Navman from Halfords last year but had trouble installing the software. Even the young lad at Halfords who took it upon himself to install it at his home gave up and gave me my money back. That was last June however, they might have ironed out the gremlins.

Your opinion please. Even if it means buying one.

I dont think there is mapping available for Croatia nor Slovenia at all. On my Garmin 2610 running Euro City Nav version 6.0 (version 7 is now out maybe that includes it) it is not covered.

You only get the equivalent of the base map, which means just major roads and cities, nothing else.

Edit: Looks like version 7 doesnt have it either.

garmin Croatian Sat Nav

CroGuide IS available and has all the roads for Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Limited routing abilities, but very handy.

www.navigo-sistem.hr/prva_GPS_karta_eng.php

I've got it on mine, but its registered to my Streetpilot so I can't lend it to you I'm afraid...

I've got it on mine, but its registered to my Streetpilot so I can't lend it to you I'm afraid...

No worries. I'll have to buy one at some point so I should really get one + plus map. Thanks for the thought though.

Re: garmin Croatian Sat Nav

Ellis said:
CroGuide IS available and has all the roads for Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Limited routing abilities, but very handy.

www.navigo-sistem.hr/prva_GPS_karta_eng.php

Did you buy it from the site above and which version of Streetpilot do you have? Are you happy with it ?

Ta.

I got it for my SP3. Good it of kit. I'm in London, so would be happy to meet up and show you. PM me and we'll arrange it.

Ellis said:
I got it for my SP3. Good it of kit. I'm in London, so would be happy to meet up and show you. PM me and we'll arrange it.

Did try, but looks like I have to activate the PM faclity via admin.
Have requested this facility. But yes, I would like to have a look soon as I have spotted one for sale on e-bay. Not sure of the specs yet.

Zero, I've got a Streetpilot 111 for sale, all in perfect working order, yours for three hundred. I'm based just outside South London if you'd like to have a look.

Cheers,

Phil

Zero,

in order to use the Private Messaging system, you must become a Forum Sponsor. To do this, click on the 'Sponsor' button at the top centre of the screen and follow the prompts.

Forum Sponsorship also allows you to post pictures and adverts.

Cheers

Mike:)

Back
Top Bottom