Navigator 6 / Nav VI - Garmin exchanging earlier refurb’d units - POST IN HERE PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

10tenmen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As this topic will probably gain momentum, I have stated a fresh thread.

Richard

=================

It appears they are replacing the refurbished units free of charge. My new one is on route.

Attachments

• IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 196
Has anyone got specific contact info or a link for Garmin UK regarding Nav 6 replacements ?

Has anyone got specific contact info or a link for Garmin UK regarding Nav 6 replacements ?
Go to Garmin UK online, in the menu choose Support then Support Centre or Center as they spell it.
Fill out the details and wait, my reply took 24hrs.
The serial number they want is under the battery with the bar code.

Go to Garmin UK online, in the menu choose Support then Support Centre or Center as they spell it.
Fill out the details and wait, my reply took 24hrs.
The serial number they want is under the battery with the bar code.

Excellent another job for tomorrow, I have gone back to using my 12 year old Zumo 660 for the moment

Tried that could never get through

Fair enough.

PS The 660 (despite its early problems) is still one of Garmin’s best devices. Not least it was just about their last simple device, before they started to turn everything into ‘Must have’ infotainment consoles.

Sent an E mail, so far only a confirmation of its receipt

Well Garmin are replacing the unit but there is a 6 to 8 weeks delay due to demand (because Navigator 6's are sh*t and so many are knacking up) so we will see if I get a functioning Sat Nav back before my holiday in 9 weeks time

Well Garmin are replacing the unit but there is a 6 to 8 weeks delay due to demand (because Navigator 6's are sh*t and so many are knacking up) so we will see if I get a functioning Sat Nav back before my holiday in 9 weeks time

How old is the unit Neil and did you buy it from BMW ?

How old is the unit Neil and did you buy it from BMW ?

Bought 2 1/2 years ago from a BMW main dealer but only used for less than 5500 miles ( in Europe) as I use my old Zumo 660 in the car and on the other bikes in the UK

May be worth an argument with the supplying dealer and arguing for a refund - unless you want another Nav 6 which will inevitably fail again.

Me? I’d buy a secondhand Nav V for my holiday and wait for edition three of the Nav VI to be offered up by Garmin.

Then I’d exchange my old Nav VI for the free third generation Nav VI.

Then I’d sell either the Nav V and keep the third generation Nav VI or I’d keep the Nav V and sell the third generation Nav VI.

Neil I sent mine back on the 21/04 and the replacement is due for delivery tomorrow ��

Neil I sent mine back on the 21/04 and the replacement is due for delivery tomorrow ��

Is it the "new fixed" or the refurbished fixed, which we had and that is now ghosting :) Please let us know if or what is different

Is it the "new fixed" or the refurbished fixed, which we had and that is now ghosting :) Please let us know if or what is different
The one I returned was a previously refurbished unit that lasted for 15 months I’m expecting another refurbished unit. Will see what arrives tomorrow.

My local BM dealer told me the new Nav6 would not be available 'until the new year'.

My local BM dealer told me the new Nav6 would not be available 'until the new year'.
Yes that’s my understanding this is what I received from Garmin support.

Thanks for contacting Garmin, We are working on a solution to ensure the quality of the BMW Motorrad Navigator VI. We are expecting a revised BMW Motorrad Navigator VI to be available in the second half of 2023. What I can do for you today is go ahead and exchange your Navigator VI for a replacement and add you to a list to be contacted once we have more information about the revised Navigator VI. If you do experience an issue in the future, please contact us for support

I have successfully booked your Garmin device in to be replaced under Order 104232014615 This will be under warranty and free of charge,

New one has arrived it’s a bare bones replacement will see how long this one lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom