New bike day

New bike day for me just confirmed as 4th March, ordered it at the end of March 23 but decided to wait for the March reg.
No doubt I’ll be having chest pains now over the insurance quotes.
Ordered a year ago,wow !

I know this is @leadfarmer’s thread really but it’s a good title.
Picked mine up today from Vertu Shipley. Initial thoughts on my 75 mile ride home, are that it’s not quite as comfy or compliant as my 2021 1250 was, but the smoothness, lighter handing, vastly improved quick shifter and the brilliant adaptive height control all impressed. Strangely, by the time I got home I was feeling quite comfortable, the seat felt hard when I set off and the suspension felt stiff but towards home it felt much better.
The screen had been fitted in the low position so I’ll have sort that out and I can’t get in one of the panniers, which I know have been problematic.
The engine is brilliant, smoother and more powerful. Loving it so far.

Last edited:
Picked mine up today from Vertu Shipley. Initially thoughts on my 75 mile ride home, are that it’s not quite as comfy or compliant as my 2021 1250 was, but the smoothness, lighter handing, vastly improved quick shifter and the brilliant adaptive height control all impressed. Strangely, by the time I got home I was feeling quite comfortable, the seat felt hard when I set off and the suspension felt stiff but towards home it felt much better.
The screen had been fitted in the low position so I’ll have sort that out and I can’t get in one of the panniers, which I know have been problematic.
Lucky you have panniers,same dealer told me I won't be getting them or the top box when I take delivery at the end of March despite ordering back in November ! Happy bike day all the same👍Can't you open it with the key if the central locking isn't working ? Just curious.

Last edited:
Picked mine up today from Vertu Shipley. Initial thoughts on my 75 mile ride home, are that it’s not quite as comfy or compliant as my 2021 1250 was, but the smoothness, lighter handing, vastly improved quick shifter and the brilliant adaptive height control all impressed. Strangely, by the time I got home I was feeling quite comfortable, the seat felt hard when I set off and the suspension felt stiff but towards home it felt much better.
Congratulations - They are a fantastic bike. Something I discovered at the weekend is if you rev it very hard it redlines easily (the dash sort of flashes white at the redline which is kinda cool) and the sound comes alive and it is actually quite aggressive sounding. It sounds insipid at low revs but the note takes on a hard edge when you go for it.

Congratulations - They are a fantastic bike. Something I discovered at the weekend is if you rev it very hard it redlines easily (the dash sort of flashes white at the redline which is kinda cool) and the sound comes alive and it is actually quite aggressive sounding. It sounds insipid at low revs but the note takes on a hard edge when you go for it.

Mine’s still set to 5000 rpm

And it’s snowed here :tears

Lucky you have panniers,same dealer told me I won't be getting them or the top box when I take delivery at the end of March despite ordering back in November ! Happy bike day all the same👍Can't you open it with the key if the central locking isn't working ? Just curious.
Yes you can , well I managed to as it stayed locked , but only fitted to the bike a few times as not used.

After a bit of a woble and thoughts of cancelling for a GSA I'm picking up my new GS Trophy on Friday .I was surprised to be told It 's got the vario panniers but not the top box as yet due to issues with the vario winding mechanism, panniers may need replacement parts at a later date.
Bracing myself for the insurance cost !!

After a bit of a woble and thoughts of cancelling for a GSA I'm picking up my new GS Trophy on Friday .I was surprised to be told It 's got the vario panniers but not the top box as yet due to issues with the vario winding mechanism, panniers may need replacement parts at a later date.
Damn that is like going from Miss Piggy to Miss Twiggy...LOL In all seriousness the 1250GSA or new 1300 is a very tough call !

Check the panniers open and lock as they should, my left side wouldn’t unlock and the right was the same but intermittently.
They can be removed using the key, though the lever system on mine was also very very stiff in operation.
I took them back after four days and they gave me a free BMW tail bag and tank bag to keep (nearly £300 worth) No firm date for when they’ll be sorted but the end of April suggested.

Check the panniers open and lock as they should, my left side wouldn’t unlock and the right was the same but intermittently.
They can be removed using the key, though the lever system on mine was also very very stiff in operation.
I took them back after four days and they gave me a free BMW tail bag and tank bag to keep (nearly £300 worth) No firm date for when they’ll be sorted but the end of April suggested.
I called in at the dealers today to sort some stuff out and told them i didn't want the panniers until the issue has been sorted. He told me they have had a memo stating that a kit will be sent out and fitted to all the customers who have taken delivery of the panniers/top case, no idea when they will be available. The inner bags for the vario side cases aren't available until June so if i do eventually get the panniers i'll have to get some Wunderich/Touratech one's.

What really pisses me off is when BMW have changed all the luggage they at least could make sure it was available !!

Encore for another New Bike Day, picked it up yesterday from Périgueux, bike fitted with automatic height adjustment which suits my limited leg length and I opted for a Givi Trekker Outback EVO 42 top box. Vario panniers fitted and all working. Engine and handling are excellent, just need to run it in and scrub the tyres, happy bunny :)

Attachments

• R1300GS Lot France.jpg
    R1300GS Lot France.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 45

Back
Top Bottom