New R12 Ninet

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to Bahnstormer, Alton today specifically to see the new R12 Ninet. From the photos posted online already I knew I was going to like it. I’m into my second R9t and until now had no intention of changing it. This is the first BMW in quite a while that could persuade me. It’s, in my opinion, a more cohesive design yet still has the charm of the original. My personal choice would be wire spoke wheels but the cast alloys look ok. The whole bike looks quality.

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpeg
    IMG_3795.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3794.jpeg
    IMG_3794.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 123
Hopefully they’ve improved the budget suspension. There wasn’t much else wrong with the old one. Bags of character.

Whats the difference between the R9T and the R12 R9T ? The frame is new as also the engine is quieter and makes top hp at 7000 instead of 7750 rpm...Compared to the Original from 2014 the bike makes less sound , has a 2 liter smaller tank (bad), has tubeless rims (finally) and still does not offer center stand or hardbags on the options list...Good looking bike but only a useless toy (unfortunately)...If it had bags and centerstand I would have given it another try as I had a 2016 R9T but as it is I dont have too...Good job BMW for not listening ...Better than the R18 though which is like the originals from Milwaukee a even better because even heavier boat-anchor...LOL

It's £320 (from 3rd gen R nineT to the new 4th gen R 12 nineT)

There's £2500 or thereabouts between the base R12 and R12 nineT, which is roughly the same as there was between the bottom of the range R nineT Pure and the top of the range R nineT

Hopefully they’ve improved the budget suspension. There wasn’t much else wrong with the old one. Bags of character.

Hopefully!

Both new ones come with USD forks, with the R12 nineT being adjustable. The base R12 has a lot of appeal as it has a more relaxed seating position with higher handlebars (so no need to buy risers), but the bike is lower with 30mm less travel on the shocks so that model likely no better than the old bike

The new R12 looks good enough to buy one but some lawn movers have bigger tanks and no bags and no centerstand after 10 long years after its introduction means no sale for me at least…Also wished the would bring the Telelever because even the Ohlin$$$ fork on my ex-2016 R Nine T just sucked compared to the Telelever of my R1200R I had before…Also the new one is way too quiet to appease the EU Dicktators…Too bad because it is a nice looking bike !

I hope the 2025 R12 G/S will finally get the options BMW forgot to include on the new R12 RNineT…A centerstand and hardbags 👍 Besides that Telelever would have been nice to because my 2012 R1200R rode and handled so much better than my 2016 RNineT with Ohlins fork & shock…Too bad because the new R12NineT is a nice looking bike !

Back
Top Bottom