New Ultimate purchased.

Rokraider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Collected a new 1250 Triple Black Ultimate last Friday.Very pleased with the bike. Originally was going to buy a 1300, but once I saw it in the flesh
I didn't like it. I went into Vines to look at a secondhand GSA and whilst poking around the showroom, found the brand new Ultimate stashed around the corner.
Love at first sight. Did the deal, Part exchanged my Triumph Rocket 3GT and ordered some Vario boxes and the phone mount. Job done. Collected it in my van
as I am having it Ceramic coated by Supershield Automotive and I didn't want to get it covered in salt before they do their stuff. They reckon it will be a 8 hour job!
Whilst waiting to get it on the road I have been looking at items that I think need addressing. I have opted for a Ammo Guard headlight protector and am going to install WEISER EXTREME EVO LED INDICATORS front and rear as I don't consider the standard units safe. I can see them not being seen by other road users, especially the rears. Been an expensive month!

Attachments

• IMG_2926.jpeg
    IMG_2926.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 168
Happy days!
The ultimate edition is stunning. I briefly considered one but as I was trading in a Triple Black which was almost identical I just could not justify it.

Agreed on the lack of interest in the latest & greatest GS13 as I bought a new GSA in Nov 23.

Out on interest what is the spec' of the 'Ultimate'?

Agreed on the lack of interest in the latest & greatest GS13 as I bought a new GSA in Nov 23.

Out on interest what is the spec' of the 'Ultimate'?
From what I could see it was based on a Triple Black TE, had an Acro , some blacked out parts and Option 719 billet cases , covers etc. Did look really nice.

Collected a new 1250 Triple Black Ultimate last Friday.Very pleased with the bike. Originally was going to buy a 1300, but once I saw it in the flesh
I didn't like it. I went into Vines to look at a secondhand GSA and whilst poking around the showroom, found the brand new Ultimate stashed around the corner.
Love at first sight. Did the deal, Part exchanged my Triumph Rocket 3GT and ordered some Vario boxes and the phone mount. Job done. Collected it in my van
as I am having it Ceramic coated by Supershield Automotive and I didn't want to get it covered in salt before they do their stuff. They reckon it will be a 8 hour job!
Whilst waiting to get it on the road I have been looking at items that I think need addressing. I have opted for a Ammo Guard headlight protector and am going to install WEISER EXTREME EVO LED INDICATORS front and rear as I don't consider the standard units safe. I can see them not being seen by other road users, especially the rears. Been an expensive month!
I fitted the Weiser Extremes & the rear light module (makes the centre brake light work as a rear light too). Bought them from a gent of this parish & very pleased with them.
Enjoy your bike.

Have invested in a set of the Weiser Extreme lights and a Ammo Guard headlight protector. To keep my various bikes batteries topped up, I have a few C-TEK MXS-5 battery chargers that will charge most types of batteries excluding Lithium etc. It has a motorcycle with AGM batteries setting. I have tried charging the R1250GS via the socket under the edge of the saddle, that is supposed to be able to be used for charging and maintaining the battery. When I plug the lead in nothing happens unless I turn the power switch on under the handlebars. The charger starts charging and I can turn the switch back off. After a while, it never gets above the half charged indicators on the charger and eventually shuts down. If I unplug the lead and wait a few minutes and turn the ignition on and look at the bikes readings on the display, the battery is indicating 13.2v, so The battery appears to be fully charged. Just wondered whether I am doing something wrong? On all my other bikes and vehicles the charger will keep charging until all the battery charge levels lights are on and then switches to maintain the battery.

If you charge via the din socket, you will need a charger that is capable of waking up and keeping live the canbus system. Some of the Optimate range can do this, along with the BMW chargers.

I use the same C-Tek charger, connected directly to the battery with a bracket adapted to take a "comfort indicator panel socket". Works without
Issues, and has done before on my previous 1250GS

IMG_0060.jpegto

Thanks for the advice. More expense then!
No, just take the the triangular side panel off in front of the socket and connect to the jump start red and the black battery terminals. Or you can attach the accessory lead (supplied) to the same terminals, attach the charger as and when and tuck the plug up under the seat/frame.

Back
Top Bottom