Oxford Harley (oops) GS Meet Up

I'll be there, too. Not on a Harley though... :D

Pumpy said:
I'll be there, too. Not on a Harley though... :D

Really? There was one of those nice plastic HDs outside NOG the other week. You know, the Toilet Duck - sorry, V-Rod - ones. Thought Steve might have taken it in as a PX... :D :D

MMC said:
Really? There was one of those nice plastic HDs outside NOG the other week. You know, the Toilet Duck - sorry, V-Rod - ones. Thought Steve might have taken it in as a PX... :D :D

I considered taking it in as a PX with you in mind, seeing as how your taste in bikes has plummeted recently....

Possu said:
I considered taking it in as a PX with you in mind, seeing as how your taste in bikes has plummeted recently....

Fair comment - but only until I find an Airhead or an 1100 I can afford! Anyway, where's the icon for 'handbags at dawn'?!

BTW - that lot at Wooton ain't a patch on the lads at NOG. Some good guys, but do anything useful? And for once I'm being serious.

well, thats a 4 anyway:

Me
MMC
The Bede
Pumpy

sorry for those who cant make it.
I can be at J13 at whatever time you think is best and Ill be on my purple super tenere (last chance to admire her scruffiness, shes goin olive drab soon!!)

Sponsorship - PWAB?

I'll be there along with Pumpy.

Spoke to Loz earlier today, he came up with a good idea (first for a long time if I'm not mistaken :D ):

As most of you know, Ela (Pumpy) is completing Region 2 of the Pink Way Around Britain on Tuesday 5th September in aid of Breast Cancer Care. Her ride takes her from the Dartford crossing, around the Kent, East & West Sussex and Hampshire coastline where she'll be passing on the baton (Pink Bra) to another rider. Total mileage will be about 450 miles including getting to the start point and home again.

My question is this - how do the rest of the Oxfordshire group feel about sponsoring her personally to cover her fuel costs? Any money left over will of course go straight to Breast Cancer Care.

The aim of the event is to raise £10,000 in four days. Ela & myself have raised £800 that we know of, with more to come from family members. Her target is £1,000 plus which I think we'll achieve. We've already received generous donations from several members of this forum (thank you, you know who you are :thumb )

If you'd rather sponsor Breast Cancer Care direct, be assured that we'll sponsorship forms with us on the 24th :D

simonthepieman said:
I can be at J13 at whatever time you think is best and Ill be on my purple super tenere (last chance to admire her scruffiness, shes goin olive drab soon!!)
OK - I should be working in Reading next Thursday so I'll aim to get to Chieveley J13 Services around 6.15 for a 6.30 departure - that should give us time to get to Upton by 8.

The Byways are mainly muddy/rutted/chalky sections so if dry I'll be on the 1200 otherwise the TTR250.

Can you PM me your mobile number in case of problems :)

Others are welcome to join us, of course.

POSSU, a good idea, I know Im new to all this but Id support the idea. Better to stick it up as a new thread tho.

I'll be there :thumb In the car :eek: I've just moved the boat to a new mooring for the Bank holiday weekend and can't find good safe parking for the bike so we're having a trial separation for the next two weeks :( I hate cars :rolleyes:

Shep

The weather report suggests it will be bright and dry in newbury/ didcot tomorrow, perfect.

hi guy's
We will be there tomorrow.
As you may have read before Ella is doing her bit for the Pink Way Round charity event. although she is collecting sponsership money for the charity, at her own expense she pre-ran her leg of the relay, which was 400+ miles, and obviously has to to it again on the day, again at her own expense. I personally will be giving her a fiver towards her own expenses, as well as sponsering her. I think it would be good form for all the local chaps to dip into there pockets for a Fiver to help her with her expenses. We are a new area on the Forums, let's set a standard for the other areas to help their relay riders out on this charitable event.
see you tomorrow
Loz and Di

Back
Top Bottom