Pirelli Rally vs STR

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I took my alloys fitted with TKC70s off yesterday to put my spokes on fitted with STRs to ride some trails through thetford forest. The trails were wet to say the least with water over the cylinders. Everyone else was on TKC 80s or annakee wilds etc and I really struggled for grip in the mud which I kinda expected. Getting to the point has anyone tried the non STR rally version? I love the STR on the road and would choose them over a TKC70 every time (to the point where I’m going to bin the contis that are on my alloys ASAP) I can get 6000miles out of a STR if I could get 4000 out of the rally I would run them, I just don’t know anyone who has run them.

STR rally
I rode my GSA lc from the north of Scotland , through the Black forest , round Czech Republic and Home ,in July . 3500 miles and the rear is hardly half worn . I like them for all round riding .... but they are very noisy at high speed !.... IMHO a lot better than the TKC70 !

Yeah, I love the STR, just wanted to know how the rally compares

If you love the STR does the rest matter.................;)

The STR struggled off road when it was wet and on grass, not enough bite on the front to get out of ruts and not enough on the rear to keep moving forward. It’s a fantastic road tyre with off road looks and more than capable for dry hard pack.

The STR struggled off road when it was wet and on grass, not enough bite on the front to get out of ruts and not enough on the rear to keep moving forward. It’s a fantastic road tyre with off road looks and more than capable for dry hard pack.

Sorted..............:D

Back
Top Bottom