R1150GS stubby exhaust question

cbrgaz

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently reverted back to the stock cat with a stubby pipe and have a question which i hope someone with the same set up can answer.
Previously i was running a remus decat pipe and remus can, along with a techlusion box.
My question is does anyone else run the stock cat and stubby pipe with the stock cat code plug without surging issues on the single spark model?

Also if they use a techlusion box with the above exhaust set up what are the settings they use in the techlusion box that gives best results?

Thanks in advance

Gaz

I've an 02 GSA. Electronics are standard as is the cat. Stubby has been fitted for a few years and I've never experienced surging.

Thanks for the reply Columbus and Alfie, i'll go and remove the techlusion box now and try the bike out.

I was about to say ...

Sorry to derail your thread slightly Gaz, but where did you get your stubby from?

Al

... try asking in the Wanted section as they do come up quite often; however that eBay price is as keen as I've seen anywhere :thumb2

Had one on my 1150 for 5 years, no problem with fuelling, surging or MoT.

Hi Gaz,
Yes, I run stock cat and a stubby with the standard, yellow, coding plug on my 2000, w-reg, single spark, and it runs SO much better. Little or no surging, MUCH improved mid range torque and about the same or slightly better mpg.
I also tried removing the plug altogether, and also using the Steptoe mod of adding a 'jumper' across a couple of the terminals (can't remember which they were now but I followed the instructions in the thread). But best running was with the standard plug; as Steptoe says in his original thread: suck it and see and go with what works best for you.

PS. Absolute bargain there on the stubby! :thumb2

Mick.

livin' the dream

Well i have removed the techlusion box and took the bike out for the windiest test ride ever.....ha ha.
The bike is running superb..........another mod I'll be keeping......such a lovely noise too.
Thanks for the help fella's.......what a superb forum this is.

Same as most of the above replies without problems or surging, I have also 'opened' the cat up a bit too .. :)

I've an 02 GSA. Electronics are standard as is the cat. Stubby has been fitted for a few years and I've never experienced surging.
Well 10 years almost since that post so even more with the stubby and the bike is still running strong although it doesn't get used as much nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom