R1250GSA Anyone used a Kriega US30 longways on the rear seat

RSiconic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the header.

Looking at simplifying luggage for shorter trips. Looking for input and maybe photos of anyone using a Kriega 20 or 30 dry bag on the seat and top box plate or a seat replacement luggage plate and the top box plate ?

Just looking for the lowest solution that can be installed and removed easily and quickly. Hoping someone has done this with the bag long ways not across the bike.

Thanks

Allan

It works fine longways if you don’t have a top box, and the provided fittings are all you need. With a top box in place it needs to go across the bike.

They’re great bags but a minor faff to get on and off. If you want simple the option is a top box with an inner bag.

Thanks for that. I was looking to keep the weight low and 50% of it onboard. So I would not use the top box with the bag on.

Ta

Allan

Lots of 30 ltr dry bags on the market. I prefer the roll top to be on the long edge for easier rummaging. Other than that, a couple of bungies or rock straps as above.:thumby:

I've used lots of Kriega packs and also several different roll top (long edge) bags. As previous poster, I prefer the roll top and Rokstrap options. Find them quick and easy to use: ready to pack, carry, adjust volume, etc.
Kriega kit is useful when you have few mounting points... When on the sportsbike it is easy to fit the loops to the pillion pad or similar.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I was looking to keep the weight low and 50% of it onboard. So I would not use the top box with the bag on.

Ta

Allan

On a small bike I’d agree, but I’ve ridden mine fully loaded with the top box and panniers and you barely notice the difference in the handling. 30litres in the context of maybe 350kg of bike and rider really isn’t significant.

This is what I use

As per the photos, the kriega just straps on.

Attachments

• B105A5A1-9814-4524-A202-5E33A143FB97.jpg
    B105A5A1-9814-4524-A202-5E33A143FB97.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 368
  • AEC7D804-17B1-4E84-B3FB-6457DAF5ED07.jpg
    AEC7D804-17B1-4E84-B3FB-6457DAF5ED07.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 387
Works fine with a normal pillion seat too, the Kriega straps are plenty long enough.

As the header.

Looking at simplifying luggage for shorter trips. Looking for input and maybe photos of anyone using a Kriega 20 or 30 dry bag on the seat and top box plate or a seat replacement luggage plate and the top box plate ?

Just looking for the lowest solution that can be installed and removed easily and quickly. Hoping someone has done this with the bag long ways not across the bike.

Thanks

Allan

Why worry about strapping it across the bike? I have a US30 that I stuff to bursting with all my camping gear and it disappears on the back seat of my GSA regardless of what orientation. The US30 isn't as long as some of the larger Ortlieb/Lomo bags if that's what you're thinking. To give some context the same stuffed US 30 fittted easily on the back of my Superduke R which as you can imagine has a significantly smaller pillion seat than the GSA.

If nobody else comes forward with any mine are in the garage so I could go fill it with random junk and take some shots of it on the bike if you want? I've also got a US20 I could throw on too.

Fits great side to side with a top box
23df310010c7209de2cc736f1fb72775.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

If it doesn't have to be Kriega, Touratech are doing some useful discounts on TT bags this weekend.

This is my set up tonight ready for scotland tomorrow. Done several trips like this and it works well for me.I have strapped the crabbies on since 😁

Kriega supplied straps are good but a bit of a faff. I now use a bungee net thing or whatever you call them.

Works fine with a normal pillion seat too, the Kriega straps are plenty long enough.

Ditto. I ve been using a 30 and a pair of 20s on the side for more than 10 years. Dont really need them on my current RT, but they work great.

Oxford Aqua drybag is all you need, rolls to nothing if you only need half the capacity.

https://www.activeoutlet.co.uk/oxfo...MIgJWUzL696wIV0O7tCh2e6wpGEAQYBSABEgKXDvD_BwE

They even do one to match the blue and white adventures

Yep, one of these for the last 6 years, stayed dry in some horrendous downpours, get the 50 ltr. If you are going away for a week you can get all you need in there. Remember, you can half fill a big bag but can't double fill a small bag.
I strap it to the bike with two of these https://rockycreekdesigns.co.uk/products/adjust-a-strap

I have a brand new 40 litre blue rollbag. Think it was ALDI

PM if you want it £10 plus £3.95 postage to standard UK postcode. Not fussed but it might help you out

Back
Top Bottom