Remus Genesis end can heat issues?

The Moth

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just fitted the above end can to a new to me 2002 R1150GS, the bike still has the cat fitted. I have read on the forum about some issues with the OE pannier melting when various end cans are fitted. Is the Genesis one of the offending end cans and if it is will fitting the heat shield foil from Wunderlich prevent any future issues.
May thanks as always

I’m pretty sure the melting pannier problems are when they’re a Y piece fitted with a straight through end can. Then there’s mile after mile of high speed motorway type travelling to generate high temperatures. If there a cat in the system ( like yours ) most of the heat is dissipated there and therefore doesn’t get to the pannier.

The Genesis is a culprit for that yes, whether with aftermarket Y-Piece or OEM Cat.
It does depend on the shape of the exit spout as they amended it. If it has a down turn you should be ok.
It got totally fixed with the Revolution.

I’ve a Remus Genesis titanium and y-piece fitted but I modified my GS to take a full-sized left pannier.
This needed a simple kit to drop the silencer to being horizontal and means no heat issue as well as better luggage capacity.

I’ve a Remus Genesis titanium and y-piece fitted but I modified my GS to take a full-sized left pannier.
This needed a simple kit to drop the silencer to being horizontal and means no heat issue as well as better luggage capacity.
Any pics of said mod please ?

Any pics of said mod please ?
Total cost of these parts was about £25 - short link pipe with 35° bend from eBay, sliding bracket from eBay, modesty blocks from B&Q and stainless nuts/bolts from a local supplier.
I only really use it to travel 26 miles from Preston to IOM and then remove it for 9 days before I refit and come home. If travelling further, I wouldn’t fit the chrome trim/clamp as it looks odd.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpeg
    IMG_0591.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0594.jpeg
    IMG_0594.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom