Sat Nav.

GedJack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just parted company with my 1250 GS. I have a Nav 6 which is now surplus to requirements. Is it possible to hard wire that to use on my 1150GS and obviously find a suitable cradle for it ?

Just buy the relevant repair plug as it’s called from BMW circa £10 and wire that into a live feed, you need a four button cradle then it will plug and play straight into it and pop the satnav in.
12951db4533a290de8de588727c4b9e3.jpg

This is the connector repair part from any BMW car or bike parts. Just connect to a live then the cradle should plug in

Just buy the relevant repair plug as it’s called from BMW circa £10 and wire that into a live feed, you need a four button cradle then it will plug and play straight into it and pop the satnav in.
12951db4533a290de8de588727c4b9e3.jpg

This is the connector repair part from any BMW car or bike parts. Just connect to a live then the cradle should plug in
Thank you

You can also use the Nav 6 lockable mount and change the key barrel over to the R1150gs key style, and recode the key to the same as your bike.

It’s what I did.

You can also use the Nav 6 lockable mount and change the key barrel over to the R1150gs key style, and recode the key to the same as your bike.

It’s what I did.
Do you know if you can put a BMW r1150gs key barrel in a garmin zumo xt locking touratech mount?
Save me carrying more keys than a prison warden.

Thanks Ian it was what I mount the mount on. Looks like you have used the screen brace. Don’t have one on my 1150 🤔
The screen brace came as part of an aftermarket screen, which when fitted was like a barn door. So I removed the screen, but kept the brace as it stiffened my OEM adventure screen and torbinators.

Back
Top Bottom