Setting off

T250Tut

Reaction score
So its the big day on Friday and 3 of us are setting off for Morocco - does anybody have, or know where i can get FACTUAL information about the current situation?
Was hoping to get as far as Dades Gorge and the Tizi pass

TIA

Ask your three mates?

Look st this way. If the Moroccan authorities, faced with the problem of a devastating natural disaster, have closed or not re-opened roads or areas, then they’ll be shut to you and your chums. No doubt you’ll find something else to do, whilst the Moroccans get on with their day jobs.

I’ve had communications from both Desert Rise and Motoaventures that the locals still would like people to come, as the last thing they need is another drop in tourist revenue after 3 years of covid shutdowns.

Johnny Maroc has been up in Atlas where the main quake hit and they are already rebuilding, some roads are closed but areas away from the main damage including Marrakech and Ouarzazate are open, according to those there.

If I had planned to be there I’d still be going, accepting that some modification of the plan may be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had communications from both Desert Rise and Motoaventures that the locals still would like people to come, as the last thing they need is another drop in tourist revenue after 3 years of covid shutdowns.

Johnny Maroc has been up in Atlas where the main quake hit and they are already rebuilding, some roads are closed but areas away from the main damage including Marrakech and Ouarzazate are open, according to those there.

If I had planned to be there I’d still be going, accepting that some modification of the plan may be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers - based on that probably wont plan just go where we can get :0) but at least Marakesh is open as an aiming point

You will be OK, Morroco is a very big place...

If you going via Algeciras/Tangier Med....DO NOT buy from the ticket touts in the port...
Park in the carpark and go into the main building for your tickets....takes very little time to do...

I had heard of him Paul but didn't know where he operated from...
Will check it out if I ever go again...

Back
Top Bottom