Super Alce 500

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I finished tidying up the Moto Guzzi Super Alce I bought last year, it was in a friends shed for around six years,I built him a Rickman Metisse so the Guzzi was in part payment for my labour. The clutch had a problem when I got it which I discovered was a collapsed thrust bearing. I found one NOS in an online shop in Germany . Fresh petrol in the tank and it started after 4 kicks. I can’t wait to turn a few heads in our local bike nights.🤣C1289A77-BA77-4CFE-8F59-1711611CCB2F.jpeg9CD54670-FCA8-4FE9-A201-E0074E05DF63.jpeg

Look at that!

Does the round cover conceal a 'bacon slicer' flywheel that some later Guzzis had?
Yes, it’s an external flywheel , plus external hairpin valve springs. I have the history of the bike, it was bought by the Italian ministry of defence in 1951.

That looks great.
have fun riding it….. I’m jealous

love the pillion's handle bars :) my dad used to have one and a Falcone 500 in red! You will turn a few heads all right:) great looking bike!

love the pillion's handle bars :) my dad used to have one and a Falcone 500 in red! You will turn a few heads all right:) great looking bike!
I have just sucumbed to a red Falcone and have been reading up on Guzzi singles. I saw somewhere that the Alce pillion bars were so that passengers, usually officers, didn't have to soil their hands by placing them on on the rider, usually from the lower ranks...

Back
Top Bottom