Swingarm rhs pivot bolt

cambio

Reaction score
So just refitted, torqued to 140 nm and the flange has cracked! Came out without any touble at least but ffs

So just refitted, torqued to 140 nm and the flange has cracked! Came out without any touble at least but ffs
Ok Cambio,
What's the purpose of this post? Is it just for information or are you looking for a used replacement pin?

Cheers.................Grizzly

The specified torque for the swing arm fixed bolt is 160Nm, it’s surprising that the casting failed ?

When was your torque wrench last calibrated ?

well...what does it do ? it sits in place locating and holding the swinging arm, to my mind if the setting is wrong , do it up FT ( fucking tight ) and add a couple of drops of medium Loctite , that will hold it .
yes i know the book says 160 nm.
i don't have a torque wrench that goes that high.
getting mine off , some years ago involved breaker bar, heat and a fork stanchion ! it wasn't done up quite as tight , it was seated , and just breaker bar tight.
it hasn't come loose in 60k miles.
FYI , IIRC rear wheel spindle on an fzr 1000 exup, torque is 140 nm we used to do them to 120 nm , they never came loose.
manuals are a guide .

now watch someone come along and say this is a crock of shit !

Last edited:
I’m confused,, The 1150 R/H swingarm pivot bolt is held in place by three small Allen head bolts (M5 or M6). Are confusing the swingarm pivot bolts with the final drive pivot bolts

I’m confused,, The 1150 R/H swingarm pivot bolt is held in place by three small Allen head bolts (M5 or M6). Are confusing the swingarm pivot bolts with the final drive pivot bolts
Well, I'm confused as well now Neil:confused: - the 1150 uses a fixed flanged pin on one side and an adjustable pin with locknut on the other side - and uses the same set up for swinging arm pivot AND bevel box pivot.
I assume the OP's problem is the flange on the fixed pin has started to crack or collapse?
It's the same set up at both pivots - but I wouldn't put Loctite near any of them and I agree with others that these fixed pins don't really need a high torque setting - just tightened firmly against flange is fine.
Cheers.......................Grizzly:beerjug:

Cracked through the flange on a right hand fixed pin, and it's an 1100, did up to 130Nm and torque wrench reads a bit under but I paint mark and check it. Just a bit mad it's cracked! Maybe the mounting face had some debris on it is the only thing I can think to bend the flange. Assume it's not a common occurrence but buggered up my weekend!

Ok, so it's an 1100. I have spare pins for 1150 but the 1100 is a different part number.
You should be able to get a secondhand spare from Motorworks or Motobins?

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/swing-arm-pivot-tra12563-1.html

I wouldn't try to bend the flange back! - I don't think their made of steel - but some sort of "exotic" lightweight alloy??

Cheers.......................Grizzly :beerjug:

Last edited:

Well, I'm confused as well now Neil:confused: - the 1150 uses a fixed flanged pin on one side and an adjustable pin with locknut on the other side -:
Sorry, I had a brian (sic) fart.., I was thinking of the 1200 which has the three bolt fixing on the R/H side.. I think :D

Sorry, I had a brian (sic) fart.., I was thinking of the 1200 which has the three bolt fixing on the R/H side.. I think :D
Ah, that makes sense - I've never had a 1200 - so we live and learn(y)

Cheers.............Grizzly:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom