T160 Barn find- literally!!!

2024 update for anyone interested, finally got some time over new year to spend a day getting a rolling chassis together, with help from a good mate we plugged away all day New Year’s Eve to get it how it looks here, turning the engine on to its side was a revelation, 10 minutes and the engine was in on the bottom and 2 front mounts. Subframe, swing arm, shocks all followed easily. The forks were a lot slower as a lot of powder coat build up on the inside of the shrouds, steady away with a file was all it took. I’m now on with rebuilding the brake callipers and deciding on handlebars etc, so all in all very happy with the progress. Wheels are stainless rims and spokes, look great. Still lots to do and I’m reinvigorated to crack on.

9cc269ee814a787ddcde2392b5f026e0.jpg

fdcadd07a5a67e822d3d9e8c3ed514d9.jpg

07db2200edfeced556bcb89b16396068.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case you have the same problem I had with the electrics after the re-wiring. Every time I connected the battery the fuse went. I eventually found the kill-switch was shorting across to the chrome on the handlebars. A small piece of insulating tape on the 'bars solved the problem.

Just in case you have the same problem I had with the electrics after the re-wiring. Every time I connected the battery the fuse went. I eventually found the kill-switch was shorting across to the chrome on the handlebars. A small piece of insulating tape on the 'bars solved the problem.
Noted thanks, theirs always something to keep us scratching our heads...

Back
Top Bottom