Thinking of buying a GS. Am I an Old Man ?

BeeMJones

Reaction score
Ok here goes, I am looking to buy a GS coming from sports bikes. I am still going to keep my old ducati 748 for a quick blast to the local seaside, I just hope its not money wasted. The bike I am looking at is selling privately and 1 year old 3k miles but headlight waiting to be upgraded. What is the score with transferring warranty and headlight recall ? Oh and hello BMW owners. Cheers, Paul.

I think you'll find the GS is far from being an old man's bike.

Oh, and welcome, but prepare for incoming. :thumb
:beerjug:

:popcorn

Welcome....ignoring Welsh roads for a moment....I'd wager that once you're bedded in with a GS, you'll be able to go point to point quicker on it than the 748. Give the bike a try, I'll bet you love it

Welcome....ignoring Welsh roads for a moment....I'd wager that once you're bedded in with a GS, you'll be able to go point to point quicker on it than the 748. Give the bike a try, I'll bet you love it
Going to see it on monday, its got black spoked wheels rather than gold. Thats the only thing holding me back. But the price is good. But this 20mph is absolutely shocking around here.

I sell you nice push bike, very good deal, best in town sir, yes sir. Very fast, 21 miles in an hour very easy sir, yes sir.
And Davey, being a proper stand up guy, will take that BM you’re wasting your time with as nearly full payment for his push bike. Cos he’s good like that;)

I’m 62 now and I didn’t get my first GS til I was 55. My biggest misconception was whilst I expected the bike to be proficient I didn’t expect it to be any fun to ride. I couldn’t have been more wrong and I wish I’d bought one at least 20 years earlier than I did. It’s a bike that will literally do anything, and they can be ridden very quickly indeed by the right person, once you familiarise yourself with their handling/torque.

I came from the sportsbikes and don't miss it one bit, after speeding tickets and that uneasy feeling of have i been nabbed by unseen cameras when i got home its the best decision i ever made. I now go distances i wouldn't dream of on a sportsbike and down roads i'd have felt every bump and imperfection at speeds i'd struggle on a sportsbike.
The GS is supremely versatile, quick enough in the real world and will grow on you, huge low down torque and superb handling for a big bike. Get on google maps and explore some roads you've never been on for a day and you wont look back.

Good luck with the purchase.

Greetings & welcome to the forum. A GS is far from being an old mans bike as you'll soon realise. And you've got some cracking roads to play on in Wales (except for the 20mph ones obviously).

Back
Top Bottom