Touratech Ziga's on a 1200 Hexhead?

Rev Chuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon!
I know the 1200 GSA has been out for a long time, and that I am only arriving into that scene recently - and it's a great bike and way lighter than my 1150GSA. It is a 2013 model 1200GSA - 90th Anniversary edition.
I have asked Touratech this question, and they have said "No! It cannot be done."
I have Ziga panniers and pannier frames for my 1150 GSA and have used them for donkeys years. I think I had them for the latter part of the time I had my 1100 - happy to be corrected on that - but they have been with me for maybe 20 years. Nothing wrong with them and still in very usable condition.
You know how you get used to something, well I am used to them, however, sadly they will not fit on the 1200 pannier frames.
Has anyone else tried this, or have you had to get someone to manufacture a pannier frame for the exhaust side of the bike? I do have the BMW panniers and frames that came with the 1200, and I guess I could get used to them.
I have had a look at the search engine onsite to see if this has been covered, and I go a "No!" from that as well.
Any appropriate help or comment would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading. :chuck

Hi Rev, surprised you didnt get an answer here?

i dont think its possible or worth the expense of the refit. Perhaps better to sell them, and buy some bike specific for the 1200GSA?

i use the bmw ones - not as good i know - but can pick up up a set for under £500 now and loads of others on the market

good luck

Back
Top Bottom