Triumph Tiger Cub project

BillWright

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

My step-daughter volunteered me to get a 1955 Cub goin belonging to one of her workmates..

It was dropped off today and the present owner is the son of the original owner from 1955, however, the bike hasn't been touched since the late 1970's.

I'm going to try and get the engine running first after changing all fluids etc, but with a 68-year-old patina on the bike, I'm not sure what restoration he wants to do.

Before I start buying new, if anyone has any workshop manuals or appropriate parts they want to sell then please PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 133
I’m sure there’s plenty of fully restored better-than-new Cubs, but not so many with that beautiful aged patina. Get your motor running, then do the minimum to make it safe to ride.

I’m sure there’s plenty of fully restored better-than-new Cubs, but not so many with that beautiful aged patina. Get your motor running, then do the minimum to make it safe to ride.

Absolutely. You are well placed to advice the owner that bikes like this are arguably more attractive bearing their scars.

Still a handsome bike, the Cub, isn't it?

I've rebuilt a B25 over the last few years, most of the parts and workshop manuals are available free in PDF with a bit of searching on the net. Also look at some of the forums beware of our US friends as much should be taken with a pinch of salt but may lead on the other useful info.

My first proper bike was a Cub. The lad I bought it from did me a favour, he wanted to keep the clip ons. After a C50, and at 16, it seemed a fast bike:aidan

Back
Top Bottom