Two Weeks In Rheinpfalz, Alsace and Bavaria

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Great report and pics pal :beerjug:

I just linked your post in a pm ... one of the guys on here is heading there next week from Guernsy ... and was looking at visiting 'the nest' and facilities in Brechtesgaden. He may pm you :beerjug:

No worries, D. Feel free to pass him my phone number(s) in case he want to call me. Happy to help :beerjug:

We then headed up the famous Johanneskruez road, a mecca for German bikers. They come here from all over Germany and luckily for me, it's on our doorstep in Jockgrim. Fast, sweeping bends and tight hairpins are great fun but the sparodic roadside shrines are a reminder of how quickly a misjudged bend or poor riding can result in disaster. The roads here are very narrow in places and bad driving and road positioning by car drivers must surely play a part in the high number of accidents.

I lived in Kaiserslautern for two years and rode the B48 several times a week. Just to share with others, I have posted a video I took on my Ducati, before I bought my R1150GS. I ended selling the Duc because I never rode it after I bought the GS.

<object width="425" height="318"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9MzAzNzI3MzI1Jms9VzNFaVgmYT0xMDQ5MjA4X2JGbkhaJnU9d2Fscm9uZA==" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9MzAzNzI3MzI1Jms9VzNFaVgmYT0xMDQ5MjA4X2JGbkhaJnU9d2Fscm9uZA==" width="425" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

This ride report really does bring back a ton of memories for me. Thank you for sharing!

Just one more picture to share....

Leading into the downhill stretch of the B48 is this sign. A rough translation is "Death rides with you." "Are you going too fast???"

112968378_m5wEd-L.jpg

Bloody hell! That's a cracking write-up :eek:

Two observations:

The cleanliness of the towns and villages put our own country to shame :mad:

I was disappointed not to see at least one "picture of the wife with things on her head"

Al :thumb2

I lived in Kaiserslautern for two years and rode the B48 several times a week. Just to share with others, I have posted a video I took on my Ducati, before I bought my R1150GS. I ended selling the Duc because I never rode it after I bought the GS.

<object width="425" height="318"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9MzAzNzI3MzI1Jms9VzNFaVgmYT0xMDQ5MjA4X2JGbkhaJnU9d2Fscm9uZA==" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9MzAzNzI3MzI1Jms9VzNFaVgmYT0xMDQ5MjA4X2JGbkhaJnU9d2Fscm9uZA==" width="425" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Good vid, Walrond :thumb2

Do you still have your big dog? :D I remember you posted a pic of him. He was a big, friendly looking blood hound type

Just clocked this thread for the first time Ronno.
Cracking that, really enjoyed it.
Thats another one on my list to do.
:thumb2

Good vid, Walrond :thumb2

Do you still have your big dog? :D I remember you posted a pic of him. He was a big, friendly looking blood hound type

You have a great memory. I showed him off in a thread a couple of years ago and you still remember? Wow! He is getting up there in years, but is still doing great.

You have a great memory. I showed him off in a thread a couple of years ago and you still remember? Wow! He is getting up there in years, but is still doing great.

It was the Kaiserslautern connection that triggered my memory of the pic of your big guy :thumb2

Just clocked this thread for the first time Ronno.
Cracking that, really enjoyed it.
Thats another one on my list to do.
:thumb2

Cheers SG, thing is: if your list is anything like mine, we'll need to live until we're about 140 to get to all these places :D

Just read that,brilliant!I managed Kehlsteinhaus last year was brilliant but a bit busier than it was for you.The rest of the route will be on my to do list now!

Third read of that...:D

Thanks again.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom