What tyres for 50/50 use?

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies to hijacking the thread:

What 50/50 road biased tyres would be suitable to ride on Salisbury Plains? Would Pirelli Rally STR be fine. Being complete novice to anything off-road, I'd be temped to give it a go on my 1290 SAS, with some sort of more suitable tyre, compared Tony currently fitted Continental Road Attack 3.
Yes lighter bike would be a much more suited option, but I do not have access to one, nor am I in the position to buy one either.

STR would be more than fine. The main routes are flat gravel, you could do that with normal road tyres.

Day trip is easy.
I can't this weekend as I'm probably out on the DRZ somewhere else muddier, and I still have to finish the GS' service, but can do after that - plains calendar must be checked too if you don't want to be shot at.

Day trip is easy.
I can't this weekend as I'm probably out on the DRZ somewhere else muddier, and I still have to finish the GS' service, but can do after that - plains calendar must be checked too if you don't want to be shot at.
My Bike is not ready yet. Trying to cough up enough cash to have it serviced first.

Back
Top Bottom