Wunderlich Toolbox fitting

GSian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone ever fitted the Wunderlich pannier mounted toolbox on a 1250 GSA? The reason I ask is that the NN and Wunderlich websites say that it's not compatible with the genuine BMW slash guard. What splash guard does it mean? The Nick Hodge video shows a different version, and it shows the rear wheel fender in place. I can't imagine what else it could mean.

Any help would be appreciated before I order.

I got a touratech on my GSA. Would have thought those boxes would all fit but I wouldn't know for sure.

Thanks, I've ordered one anyway, I'll see how hot fits when I get it :DD
I would have ordered the Touratech but wanted the key to be the same as everything else.

I have the Touratech one fitted to mine, and the instructions say the same. The splash guard in question, is the standard one, which is bolted to the final drive and sticks out behind the wheel.

Mine still has the splash guard fitted, and I’ve not experienced any issues in thousands of miles. However, I think the two could come into contact under full rear shock compression (landing from a jump).

Thanks, I get it now. Think I won't have a problem, I don't do much jumping of any kind these days. :ROFLMAO:

Mmmm. Interesting. I’ve got Wunderlich box and had it fitted to my 1250GSA for the last 10k miles. I bought it from NN fairly shortly after they were introduced to the Wunderlich range. I’ve never had any fouling or clearance issues between either the OEM splash guard or laterally between the box and the rear wheel.
But then my bike is fitted with road biased tyres and it‘s never been off road.
Having just looked at the fitting instructions on the NN website - they have changed.
There as never any previous mention of the need to remove the splash guard and the spacer for the OEM pannier frame is also new.

As a bonus, I find it helps to cut down the crap which gets flung up the back of my left leg.

I've had one on my 1250GSA for the past 25,000 miles without issue.
Yes the issue is only if you do something that causes extreme rear suspension compression. Which face it, is unlikely for most of us ;)

Doubt I'll be compressing mine too much. I'm 12 stone.

Watching this with interest.
I’d like to fit a a tool box, looked at Wunderlich, Touratech and “not” Touratech.
The potential issue of fowling the guard is making me hesitate.
I’m concerned about the clearance when two up with full luggage. Question to those who have a toolbox fitted, have you ridden fully loaded and it been ok?

I have a 2012 gs with a touratech fitted and no problems..
If it was a problem,would the manufacturer be in trouble if it did foul and cause an accident..

Watching this with interest.
I’d like to fit a a tool box, looked at Wunderlich, Touratech and “not” Touratech.
The potential issue of fowling the guard is making me hesitate.
I’m concerned about the clearance when two up with full luggage. Question to those who have a toolbox fitted, have you ridden fully loaded and it been ok?
Yes fully loaded with hard panniers and pillion with no issues on normal roads 😀

How much does your woman weigh?
This should always be a consideration.
Make sure she weighs less than you.

Marky Parky and Victor.
Thanks for the answers, could you confirm which box you have?

depends what you want really, The keyed thing makes a difference too me.

well i have just fitted the version for no panniers (i took the scafolding off) and there is no way it fouls the spalsh gaurd at the rear wheel nor inteferes with the mudsling i fitted to the rear wheel

ill post images later

Back
Top Bottom